cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing with crystal reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i click on print report it pops up export to pdf. i just want to print directly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a web app?  If so, what browser are you using?  Also, which version of Visual Studio and which version of the Crystal SDK?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am using version 13.0.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am using Firefox,chrome

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add a bit of info re. the built in PDF, see the following KBA:

1921329 - While clicking the print button on the Crystal web form viewer, the print to pdf dialog bo...

Now, to me it is not clear what you actually mean when you say: "i just want to print directly"

E.g.; are you saying you want to click the print button and voila, report is sent to a printer? If that is the case, then you will have to add your own button and add code for the direct print to that. You can use PrintToPrinter, or PrintOutputController. If you need more info on how to, let us know and I'll add code snippets, etc.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ludek pls give me the code so after displaying my records i can use the print button to send directly to default printer.

Cheers

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. So, you will have to create your own button:

KBA: 1493592 - How to create customized export options button for Crystal Reports winform viewer in Visua...

The code:

crReportDocument.PrintToPrinter(1, True, 1, 1)

This would be the simplest incarnation. There are all kinds of printer manipulations you can do, from choosing printers, trays, page sizes, etc.,etc. The above is using Crystal Reports SDK - PrintToPrinter. You could also use the RAS SDK PrintOutputController for finer control (e.g.; more APIs).

For more details see:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 Walkthro... | SCN (applies to all versions of .NET and CR)

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Report Application Server .NET SDK Developer Guide

Report Application Server .NET API Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the code to print but did'nt work for asp.net.

Am using version 13.0.5

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Latest fixes are in SP 10...

- Ludek

0 Kudos

May have something to do with this MS KBA on how to expose printers to the IIS Process:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;184291

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Festy,

What Preferences have you set for Crystal Reports in BI-Launchpad/Infoview?

Go to BI Launchpad Preferences and check if below highlighted option is selected. Setting to ActiveX should fix your problem.

- Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

He never mentioned anything about using BI LaunchPad and posted in .NET SDK forum so not related to this post.

Hi Festy,

However, In a WEB app the same option is available in the properties of the CR Web viewer:

Select ActiveX

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, ActiveX won't fix the problem - it only works successfully in IE.  However, setting it to PDF one-click printing might resolve the issue.  Chrome can be a bit funny, though as it does all of its printing through it's own PDF processing - so there's no guarantee that one-click printing will work there.

-Dell