cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI refresh impact on BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having BPC hosted on our BI system.

Recently we have been asked to refresh our BI system i.e to copy PRD data to QAS system.

We are having BI 7.31 in our landscape and it hosts BPC. We also have BPC server running on .net framework with some IIS and windows services.

Can anyone suggest me on the impact of this BI refresh on BPC.

What steps needs to be considered from SAP Basis front as pre and post processing.

Till now we are going ahead with an approach of usual BI refresh but I have seen threads with issues related to BPC post refresh wherein BPC client could not connect to BPC server.

Any guidance would be helpful on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sheetal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230840
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sheetal

If the landcsape is same in QA and Prod then a few points to be considered are

1) Are there some development transports in QA that have not moved to Prod yet ? If yes they need to re-applied.

2) If some changes have been made directly in prod , same need to be there in Dev

3) the config related to transports has to be checked by basis . The QA needs to have Prod as target and any overwriting on this has to be changed

4) User access would need to be reverted back to Pre-refresh in QA as ppl have limited access in Prod

5)In case for EPM add in direct links were made, they will need to be created again

Regards

Surabhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surabhi,

Nice to see your reply on my queries.

Point 1 ad 2 resembles the usual refresh tasks.

On 3rd point, can you elaborate on overwriting part.

4th point we have added in our task list

5th point I didn't understand, can you provide few more information on it.

Apart from all the above, I have come across one thread where few discussions were on post refresh issue and was related to BPC Server Manager diagnostic tool connectivity issue for which usual solution is to maintain the user ID and Pwds in the connections properly but in their case they had issue which they resolved by reinstalling .net framework server, IIS services and BPC hence I am bit concerned on any pre checks and post refresh tasks. Post referred below:

Thanks & Regards,

Sheetal

former_member230840
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Sheetal

Point no 3 refers to Basis work where they define the transport landscape. So for e.g they would give the Remote user password and also the setting specifying the target system to which transports can be sent. Thees are not one speciifc tcode but miltiple. At the time of overwrite all setting would become same as Production thus impeding the transport landscape. You will need to get these settings corrected by Basis.

Point no 5 is the simple connection we make directly in Excel allowing us to logon to EPM Excel add in w/o going  to BPC web. System refresh would require these to be changed.

Hope this helps

Regards

Surabhi

former_member230840
Participant
0 Kudos

We have not faced the issue given in the discussion post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surabhi,

Thanks for the reply.

I understood point no 3 wherein you refer to correcting STMS post refresh which is a usual post processing.

On point 5, it doesn't seems to be regular refresh task, Is it done by BPC or basis consultant, btw what is EPM, I am not aware of this functionality and would need to check with our BPC consultant.

On the issue which I have posted as link hopefully we will not come across if passwords are maintained properly beforehand.

Thanks & Regards,

Sheetal

former_member230840
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sheetal

Point 5 task is normally maintained by end user / BPC consultants.EPM excel add in is a tool used by BPC, it is an add in for BPC in Excel.

Hope this helps.

If my answers helped you , pleas mark the same

Regards

surabhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Surabhi,

Your reply has helped me definitely, once we do this refresh then will post any issues which we faced/

Thanks & Regards,

Sheetal

Answers (0)