Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SAP CRM Boxes

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have multiple CRM boxes with master data,, is it possible to keep/make one CRM box to act like a portal with single sign on to all other boxes via CRM UI framework ?

Thanks, Sudeep..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case I dont' think it would work.  If you really need SSO in your landscape you should look at using a 3rd party SSO solution for SAP(or one from SAP) instead.  That being said you could put links to other CRM systems from the main CRM system and launch them, but that wont' solve your SSO issues.

Your scenario is best suited to use Netweaver Portal instead.  If you can stomach the additional infrastructure, it's going to require the least modification of your CRM systems to make it work.  Plus if you add in a good SSO solution that works for everything, then there is great business value.

That's what I would do, instead of trying to spend a lot of time on custom development to make CRM into a poor man's portal.  I would ultimately agree that you should only have one CRM system, but if you have mulitple, then you really need to invest in proper portal software since you already made the effort to have multiple CRM systems.

Take care,

Stephen

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for your suggestion,,

if SSO is not really possible out of the box SAP CRM,, then I think SAP portal is the best option!.

Again.. can you suggest any 3rd party SSO solutions please?.

Regards, Sudeep..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I would like to know the following -

1. What is the purpose of maintaining number of SAP CRM Boxes ?

2. Are these CRM boxes are standalone boxes and not connected to any other SAP systems like R/3, BI or any other legacy systems ?

Ideally it would be good to have one SAP CRM box with all the master data like customers, products, employee, pricing etc.

Hope this will be useful

(May be the answer to your question is to use transaction launcher to call the respective SAP CRM Server from one main SAP CRM server.  But it would be good to have one SAP CRM box)

Regards

DJ

former_member813607
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello DJ,

These CRM boxes are connected to R/3  but not connected each other!. I agree that one CRM box is always recommended, however these are AS IS landscape and we cant change it as such!.

I have to see if the Trans. Launch option works!,, thanks for your response,,

Regards, Sudeep..