Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL Approval/Reject buttons above the List

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can i place all the action buttons in UWL which appears for a particular work item above the UWL table . Presently they are present below the Description of the work item.is this can be done in XML configuration ?

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums. In relation to your query you mentioned the following:

• How can i place all the action buttons in UWL which appears for a particular work item above the UWL table . Presently they are present below the Description of the work item.is this can be done in XML configuration ?

You are correct in your observation as this resolution comes down to XML configuation. I have outlined a sample below for your cross reference and convenience. The property you should be highlighting and reviewing here is "ActionPosition".

Firstly - Do you have the action defined in the view?

SAMPLE:

<Views>
<View name="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.view.TripCheckView" selectionMode="SINGLESELECT" width="98%" supportedItemTypes="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS00008267"
columnOrder="statusIcon, subject, priority, creatorId, createdDate, dueDate, processor, forwardedDate, attachmentCount, detailIcon, APPROVE,REJECT" sortby="priority:descend, dueDate:ascend, createdDate:descend"tableDesign="STANDARD" visibleRowCount="10" headerVisible="yes"queryRange="undefined" tableNavigationFooterVisible="yes"
tableNavigationType="CUSTOMNAV" refresh="300" dueDateSevere="0"dueDateWarning="0" emphasizedItems="none"displayOnlyDefinedAttributes="yes" dynamicCreationAllowed="yes"
actionPosition="bottom"referenceBundle="com.sap.pct.erp.mss.tra.TripCheck">
<Actions>
<Action reference= "<ACTION BUTTON NAME
REQUIRED>"/> </Actions>
</View></Views>

Where I have <ACTION BUTTON NAME REQUIRED> you should have something
like forward, etc.

Now a point to highlight there are two principals to remember when you are working with XML files.

1. Before making changes the XML files should be copied so changes can be reverted easily if required.
  2. XML files follow the concept of precedence. So to realize changes in terms of visual display the newly edited XML file needs to be re-uploaded with a new priority of "High". After doing so clear the UWL Cache.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Cronin.

but my question is where should i change in XML so that the action buttons are placed

below the table but above the description of Task.

does the action position attribute in view change this?

Regards

Prasad