cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME search limit - how to exceed 1000+ records?

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

UME feature in Portal 7.4 SP7, the user search is permitted to give result till 1000 records. I have to extract almost all users from UME to know how many and which users are registered in SAP Portal.

I have even change the UME service value to 2000 from NetWeaver Administrator + Config tool, but still my webdynpro-java program shows only starting 1000 user records. Whereas my requirement is to display all users, where my portal is registered with 15,000 users.

All I want to know, how to extract all user record information from SAP Portal.

Regards,

Hanif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

Please go through the below link and hope the below link will give you more idea on this.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/63/14f5b51a6eff429f2d8b2063400e82/content.htm

Thanks,

Hamendra

scoburge
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

the paged search is possible by using the
parameter "ume.ldap.access.extended_search_size"
in your configuration XML.

Just set a value blow 1000 e.g. 900 as like in this
example and all entries above 900 will be paged:

<ume.ldap.access.extended_search_size>900</ume.ldap.access.extended_search_size>

Do not forget to restart and check the values "Max. Search" and "Warn. Search" set for  the Admin-UI.

Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Dear Hanif,

Check this link

Regards,

Baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Follow this link this will help u out

http://scn.sap.com/thread/687810

Regards

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for the reply, but the link you shared say the same thing i.e., to make change in UME search properties.

I have done the same, but no success and search fiunctionality shows only 1000 records and not more then that.....

Regards,
Hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

Just want to cross check, did you restart the server after making the changes.

BR,

Anurag

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Yes I have restarted the system, but no success...

Regards,

Hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

Although you've already restarted the server, still can you just try to invalidate the UME cache as well and see if that helps!!!

Attaching the screenshot.

Also, can you try searching the users (wild card search) directly in Portal and not through your WDJ program and see if it returns the increased number of users as per your new UME setting.

Please let us know the outcome.

BR,

Anurag

Message was edited by: Anurag Gwari

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for the input....After clearing the UME cache, I am able to fetch almost 2000 record limit, which I have set in max search of UME properties.

I believe if I can increase that value, more users records will be fetched, but the records which are publish in Identity-mgmt table, therin it is quite hard to read all those 2000 records.

And here, I am still preferring to fetch all (~15,000) portal user records using web-dynpro java program and here I see that, still wd-java program shows 1000 records....

Regards,

Hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

I am not sure on this one but this could be a bug or a limitation with UME API with your version.

In case, you don't get any clue, raise an OSS message for this issue and take this up with SAP.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a known issue with LDAP or at least MS-ADS. UME doesn't implement paged searches which is required in order to retrieve more results then defined by MaxPageSize on LDAP (which has a default value of 1000).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

Please check this SAP link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/45/073c38b78d0c4be10000000a11466f/content.htm?frameset=...

Please notice that changing these properties requires restart of the AS Java.

Best regards,

Etay

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Etay,

No success, please view he change I have done in UME properties.

Regards,

hanif

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif

Could you clear the browser cache and then try again

BR

SS

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I dont know how clearing the browser cache will help, but done the same as you have said...no success.

Regards,

Hanif

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif

Could you refer the SAP link

Editing UME Properties - Identity Management - SAP Library

Regards

Sriram

former_member261631
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Thanks for the reply, I have made following changes in UME properties, but still limit remains the same..

Regards,

Hanif