cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage Translation for Malaysian(Malay) Language not working rest JA,FR are working fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing some weired situation where multilanguage translation for Malay language is not visible it appears in "English" itself.

Translation for Chinese,Japnese,Frence are visible properly.

Can you let me know what is missing ??

Before we were able to see the translation suddenly its giving this issue.

XLF file name

BasicPayHistoryView.wdview_ms.xlf = .xlf file for malaysian

BasicPayHistoryView.wdview.xlf =.xlf file for English

BasicPayHistoryView.wdview_ja.xlf =.xlf file for Japanese

Images attached to show the property info of these files.

Regards,
Prajakta k

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Can you please check the Malay user language maintained in the user profile?

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
              Could please let me know where do i check this. I am working from portal end so i dont have  much knowledge about how to check the same.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Reagrds,
Prajakta k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your portal users data source.

If it is Web AS Java, check in the Portal database and if it is Web AS ABAP, check the same in SU01 T-code .

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
               We have LDAP as Data source. So i think we will have to check it in SU01.

Ok will check and let you know . Is these any specific data we need to maintain??

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

In this case, please check the user's language maintained in LDAP.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

The LDAP user maintaing team replied us as followes.

We don’t set our store any language specific information in LDAP. The only thing we set/store is the user’s current country (in a 3 digit country code).

Now what should we do next?

Thanks.

Reagdrs,
Prajakta K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

And what is the user's country maintained there.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
For few its USA maintained.

One thing i forgot to tell you that we go to personalize in portal option and then change the language and test.

Thanks.

Reagrds,
Prajakta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Do you have any test user for which the locale attribute in LDAP is set to Malay.

Can you test with that user once and see if the translation is working for Malay language.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
Yes we have a user , where country attribute "c" is set to MYS.Please suggest we are unable to get the root cause why only this language is giving issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
Yes we have a user , where country attribute "c" is set to MYS.Please suggest we are unable to get the root cause why only this language is giving issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Is this happening for just 1 particular user or for all the users with Malay language profile.

In order to analyse the issue more, please use HTTP Watch tool and record and analyse the traces.

Login with the Malay User and invoke the application and record the traces. In this way, you will get to know if the correct XLF file is called or not.

BasicPayHistoryView.wdview_ms.xlf = .xlf file for malaysian

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
i tried the HttpWatch Trace but was not able to get any were ref of the XLF file just wa able to see as attached in picture before.

Is this the write way. or should i check it some other way.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Is this happening for just one particular user or with other Malay users as well?

As far as I understand, you're using a WD Java component for the above application.

As you're still not able to figure out the issue, I would suggest to debug your Java code in NWDS.

Please go through the below wiki for more on Debugging:

NWDS Debugging - Java Development - SCN Wiki

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,
Its happening for all malaysian users.

IS there any why that i can delete and add teh malay file again to the WDJ project.

Thanks.

Regards,
prajakta k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

Yes you can do that.

Take the back up of the xlf file by renaming it.

Create a new xlf file for Malay language and paste the contents from the old file to this new file.

However, I am not sure if this would work as the problem seems to be something else. But you can definitely give this a try.

Let me know the results.

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prajakta,

If you're still facing the issue, please go through the below thread where Bertram has nicely explained the resource-bundle determination process of the Web Dynpro Runtime.

You can also refer to the following SAP Note:

947081 - Locales, languages, date and time formats in Web Dynpro

Hope this will be helpful.

BR,

Anurag