cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columns' width at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report with the option "Format with Multiple Columns" checked. In the "Layout" tab I've manually set the width of the column, but the actual width of the column will only be determined at runtime.

Remarks: in my report I need always 3 columns, but I want a customizable width. "Can grow" option on a field not work, because the second column overlap the first one.

How can I change the width of the column at runtime? It's possible?
There is another way to create a report with a runtime-determined number of columns/width?

[Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0 on Visual Studio 2010 Professional.]

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There no way that I know of to set the width at runtime.

Depending on your data and SQL skills, you might be able to set something up using a cross-tab, though.  This won't get you a custom width, but it might get you a custom number of columns.

However, if your real issue is that "Can Grow" fields are overlapping the fields below them, there is a way to handle this.

1.  Create a new section under the one where the "Can Grow" field is located.

2.  Move everything that is below the "Can Grow" field into the new section.

3.  Bring the bottom of the original section up to the bottom of the "Can Grow" field.

This will allow the "Can Grow" field to grow as needed because the section will grow, but the stuff under it will start in the new section and not be overlapped.

-Dell

Message was edited by: Dell Stinnett-Christy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the column width is related to the width of your DB field (Width of db field is the same as the column) you could set the DB field width using inproc RAS SDK.

refer to sample https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0e3fe5b-d066-2b10-d384-b230c768...

-Bhushan