cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create action for custom buttons in the popup?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to create a custom button on the screen upon clicking it, it triggers pop-up. I got some fields in the popup and a button. When i click that button in popup, it should do some task.

But whenever am trying to give some action to the button in the popup, its going to dump saying Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Mohammed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

use subscribe_to_button_event( ) method of window, you may check this document for referewnce. If not please post your code

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

I have done the steps according to the document but am getting error as "Access via Null Object reference not possible".

Any ideas??

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check ST22 for dump analysis and point the code which causes the error. If not please post your code and error details here.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Solved that error through st22.

But i got 2 more issues now.

scenario:

I need to show 3 fields in the popup which are already present in the standard screen.

I have used the same used component for generating f4 help but no f4 help and its going for short dump.

2) The remaining 2 fields are drop down by index ui elements, am unable to get f4 help and its in disable mode even though i have given the property as enable.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Mohammed.