cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding A2A & B2B Scenario development in SAP PI /XI?

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Kindly clarify my doubt regarding A2A & B2B Scenario's development in SAP PI / XI.

I mean when to use & which adapter user in which scenario & specifically what difference does it make when we use one adapter in one scenario meant for another one. Will it work?

The Question may be quite Naive to all of you but still want to clear some thing from my head.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyesh,

This theme has been largely discussed i several threads in this forum.

Check this thread with valuable explanations and links:

If you have any particular doubt dont hesitate to ask it.

Regards.

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

Thanks for Reply, i did searched SDN before raising this question. i stumble upon this but the question still remain in my head what adapters should i use for B2B scenario is it necessary that i should use EDIFACT for B2B & not for A2A. Here in my company we are handling a client which has several legacy system in landscape which are integrated to SAP ERP with SAP PI here they mostly used File Adapters, what happens if i use File Adapters for B2B scenario.

Best Regards

Priyesh Shah

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Priyesh,

There is a thin border between A2A and B2B. If you use a standard B2B implementation you will have work done and more facilities in the future for maintenance. There is no problem to work with EDIFACT and the file adapter or the free OPEN PI version.

I have a similar problem than you, you could do a prototype to calculate the time/effort against to purchase the SAP B2B or another market product.

Regards

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks