Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system is not allowing to do the Quality inspection

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra

May be following details give clear understanding.

We are facing a issue due to conversion of Qty into alternative unit and setting back it to base unit.

Scenario details are mentioned below.

Step-1

PO was Created with Qty 792 in alternative unit M2 (UOM).

Step-2

We have a scenario where we are receiving goods in SHT Unit i.e. 16.065 SHT with 103 movement type. (Here 16.065 comes after  conversion of 792 M2 into SHT)

Step-3

System is creating auto inspection lot against GR and we are performing result recording & trying to post user decision with Stock Posting but system is giving error "GR Stock exceeded by .05" due to difference which comes after converting M2 Unit to SHT and SHT Unit back to M2

Qty is moving back from  16.065 SHT to 792.050 M2  instead of  original value 792 and a difference of .05 is appearing here due to which stock posting is not possible.

In short when difference in Qty is appearing due to conversion of M2 Qty to SHT and SHT Qty back to M2 QTY.

Message was edited by: Craig S Discussion broken out of older questoin: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3574156

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem has no solution.. you can refer to SAP. but in configuration can we maintain decimal pl. rounding off in CUNI....

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very interesting.

I think currently no solution within standard.

I recommend you raise this issue to SAP support.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to provide the conversion you have set up for these in configuration.  That might help.

I assume M2 is square meters.  But what is SHT? 

Craig

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Craig

Yes you are right M2 is Squar Meter while SHT is sheets.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Conversion factors?

Craig

adnanmaqbool
Contributor
0 Kudos

Process steps are as below .

Material master with base unit "SHT-Sheet" and maintained alternative unit "M2- Square Meter" along with conversion factor 4930 M2 = 100 SHT. Incoming quantity inspection type (01) is also active on the material.

1. Purchase Order quantity in alternative UnM like 1500 M2.
  2. Purchasing Info Record maintained with alternative pricing Unit “M2”.
  3. Good Receipt Quantity posted in the alternative Unit of Measure with 1500 M2.
  4. Usage decision recorded with Base unit Quantity 30.426 SHTs

Error - PU GR blocked stock exceeded by 0.002 SHTs : 2847 1000 M7 22

Cause of error which i observed is below.

On usage decision, system calculating stock posting quantity "30.426" / Conversion factor "( 100 / 4930 )" = 1500.002 and this quantity "1500.002" exceeded from block stock quantity 1500 as posted at the time of GR in the block stock via 103 mvt.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought that might be the case.. It's why I asked you for the conversion factors.

Nice job to work out the numbers as you did.  You clearly see the problem now.  This is a basic issue when doing conversions in SAP, (or any system for that matter).  QM calculations are always done in the base UOM.  (in your case sheets).

I believe that most consultants would recommend that the BUOM be the SMALLEST UOM that is used for the material.  This isn't always possible either with certain materials.

If you do a search you'll find quite a few postings on conversion issues.  TONS to GRAMS is one for instance.  Even KG to LBS and back has been an issue in many installations over the years and has resulted in the issue of "decimal dust".  Fractions of batches left behind as a result of conversions.

There is no real solution for this other than to revaluate your UOM's and conversion factors. Can you make the Base UOM M2 and make the SHT as an alternative UOM?   You can still order in SHT but your QM will be done in M2 and should be closer to being correct.

This is not an easy thing to resolve for certain materials.  Good Luck.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

As Moderator, Nice job.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

First better to check .05 how exceeded . is there any other qty material document ? Bcoz system not auto update qty via QM with .05 . either it is already lying some where in system with PO.

Better to check conversion and check it with MM. As i said without any material document posting QM itself not update the Qty.

Regards