cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Services repository tables and views: ALVW_MAPPING is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I need to read via SQL (from inside a DataServices job) the name of target table used in the dataflow of a job.

My problem is that the metadata repository view ALVW_MAPPING is empty, as the tables underneath AL_COLMAP and AL_COLMAP_TEXT are empty. Some other tables, for instance AL_INDEX and AL_COLUMN, are not empty.

Can anyone help me with a solution or an explanation to this? Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AL_INDEX and AL_COLMAP store metadata of tables that you import in Datastore

AL_COLMAP and AL_COLMAP_TEXT table store column mapping information that use in Dataflow, this data is usually populated when you save Dataflow, check if the "automatically calculate column mapping" option is checked in the Tools-> Options window in Designer

if you are not seeing any data in these 2 tables, then go to Designer, select Datastore tab in object library right in the Datastore workspace select Repository menu option and select Calculate Usage Dependency once that completes do select Calculate Column Mapping from the same menu, once that completes check if you see data in these 2 tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you for your answer. It has worked doing as you said. 🙂 I can now see data in the view ALVW_MAPPING.

Best regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you for your answer. It has worked doing as you said. 🙂 I can now see data in the view ALVW_MAPPING.

Best regards.