cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation technical name it was changed

Former Member

Hi experts,

I created a transformation "08T3ZMPG2JFO3FIPT2J8QC0Q8EJ8BGD9" in DEV system, when I transport it, this transformation in PRD technical name is different "0RKC4TTHONFEZXW9MZVNOEZRZRZU4ZVA" .

When I  check the table RSTRAN the Column ORGTRANID, I see transformation original  and TRANID I see the new transformation.

SAP BW DEV

SAP BW PRD

You have some recommendation this issue.

MY SAP BW version is 7.3 SP 10.

Thanks and Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem was that in the DEV the data source structure has a field different a PRD.

Thanks  all for your interest.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member182429
Active Participant

This is a known issue since BW7.0 until BW7.3.

The reason (I believe, though SAP may want to correct me on this), is because in certain cases due to different logical system mappings, the TRFN objects being imported has to be re-created and regenerated in the system,

e.g., you create a TRFN in DEV, it is linked from ECC-DEV > BW-DEV.

When you import this TRFN object to your QAS system, the logical system mappings must change to ECC-QAS > BW-QAS. This results in a completely new TRFN object being generated (with a different technical ID that is different from the one you saw in DEV.

This is the reason why you see the IDs as different in each system. The only linkage in this case is as you correctly pointed out can be found in field RSTRAN-ORGTRANID.

In the transformation rule details, you can also view this original transformation ID by going to the menu "Extras" > "Object Directory Entry". The original transformation ID from DEV will be found in this popup menu.

I know this may be a little disorientating especially if you're trying to trace the TRFN objects across the landscape, but unfortunately there is no better alternative (in keeping the technical IDs the same) for the reasons as explained above.

---------- Additional Information ----------

Going by the above behavior, this means that the issue with different transformation IDs being generated should happen only with transformations that come from DataSources only, and not transformations linking two InfoProviders together (check and see if this is the case in your system!).

However in certain cases, I have noticed that there are different technical IDs generated for transformations from/to 2 InfoProviders (e.g., DSO to InfoCube). This usually should not happen, but even if it does, there should be no issues with the data loading. The reason I found (though SAP may want to correct me again on this), is because certain TRFN objects were activated directly in QAS/PRD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes only in a particular transformation, the more curious it is than DTP technical name is same in the both environments.

So I checked the version among system and this are equal.

I deleted directly in a sandbox environment the transformation and transport again and problem is the same.

I search the transformations but it is only one in each system.

Other test that I proved, it is that the flow runs ok, but I need to change the transformation this with the oter transport, it is not updated.

Best regards

Andrés Bermúdez.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Already experienced this on our side but no issues occurred mate..

Regards,

Loed

former_member401488
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I saw the same in a few systems which I worked, in any of those cases we face any problem.

Check the source and target of your transformation in PRD, any of those has been modified in PRD? (you can quick check the object directory entry).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this in various 7.3 environments (transformation tech name changed between DEV and QA) and it does not have any negative impacts.  The dataflow activated and the data loads completed successfully.

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

This is very strange and interesting issue, I would be curious to know what will be the suggested solution for this.

Can you tell us if this is only limited to Transformations? I am sure you might have sent other objects as well and are they same across the system?

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you do the version comparisons between dev and prod.

At dev system, Double click on transformations, from menu, Edit-->version management.

if its shows the same then no issues.

if shows some differ then better retransport your transformations again to bw prod thru new trannsport request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear Ramanjaneyulu Korrapati,

Maybe is not an issue but when i need to modify the transformation this not take the new parameters.

We have a sandbox, I deleted this transformation and I  created a new transport with the transformation but occurs the same.