cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Planning: Planned orders are not getting scheduled in the blocks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I did all the relevant settings for block planning. Though the planned orders created are not getting scheduled in the correct blocks.

The blocks with different colours are visible in planning board but while scheduling, these blocks are ignored and planned orders are not getting scheduled as per block definition.

Can any one have any idea what may be the reason?

Our case is PDS.

Just only one pre-requisite I am not getting. the pre-requisite is

"You have defined resources planned on blocks as the calendar resources". How to define this calendar resource. I am not getting any clue. Can any one tell me.

Is this can be the reason why the orders are not getting scheduled to correct blocks?

Thanks & Regards,

Surajit Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

please check the following:

Transaction CPRO

create or check

Maintain Strategy Profiles

the Strategy Profile you are using in the scheduling heuristic

Block Planning Take Into Account.

BR Frank

Message was edited by: Frank Horlacher Check the PDS /SAPAPO/CURTO_SIMU - Production Data Structure (PDS) -> Display Production Data Structures choose your PDS choose Activities select the activity on the block planning resource check field Block Planning Class

Message was edited by: Frank Horlacher the block planning must be maintained before transfer of the PDS. retransfer PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The stategy profile I am using, there I am taking Block planning into account.

I re-transferred the PDS again after defining blocks.

In my PDS, in activities there is no class asigned in Block Planning Class. Do we need to assign the 400 block class created in PDS? In APO we cannot modify PDS. Do we need to do any setup in ECC PDS maintenance? Our PDS contains dummy resource. We derive resource from variant table while order creation by object dependency. Our set up is with Variant configuration.

With the above setup, I am still not able to take the block parameters for scheduling the orders in proper blocks.

Can you suggest any other thing that I am missing?

Warm Regards,

Surajit Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

Once I assign the CDP class in dummy resource and re-transfer the PDS, the orders are getting schedules on correct block. But in our case it is super recipe concept where we have only one dummy resource and we have more than one CDP class. Blocks are generally per product group.

So I am now thinking how to handle this situation. Do you have any idea to assign more than one CDP class in a resource in APO? or any other idea to handle the same situation?

Warm Regards,

Surajit Das

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Surajit,

what do you mean by having more than one CDP class?

If you have a lot of products scheduled with block planning with different CDP classes you can create a new CDP class type 400 in APO having just the characteristics which are relevant to block planning. Assign this class to the resource. The system should then transfer the values of the characteristics with the same name from output product to the activity on the block planning resource.

BR Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

I can only assign one CDP class (400) to one resource in APO. Not more than one class.

In our case, the recipe contains dummy resource (Same resource in all the recipes). So in Dummy resource I can only assign one class and not more than that. I am facing problem for this same dummy resource used in all the recipes. Otherwise it is fine. Do you have any better idea or I need to create multiple dummy resources?

Warm Regards,

Surajit Das

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Why do you want to add more than one class? That is still not clear to me.

You can only assign one class to the resource. So create a new CDP class which contains all the characteristics you are interested in. Assign this new class to the resource.

for example:

1 class

contains characteristic CHAR1, CHAR2, CHAR3

2. class contains characteristics CHAR4, CHAR5, CHAR6

CHAR2 and CHAR6 are block planning relevant.

So create a new class containing

CHAR2, CHAR6

in APO as type 400.

assign this class to the resource.

retransfer the PDS and the block planning will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

In your example, in my case CHAR2 is relevent for res1 and CHAR6 is relevant for res2.

So now if I assign both the CHAR2 and CHAR6 to same class, then every time while scheduling, both the characteristics values will be used to select the correct block. But in my scenario, in res1 say CHAR2 will be used to select correct block and in res2, CHAR6 will be used to select the correct block. Hence I need to create two different class (400).

Is there any other way to solve my above problem?

Regards,

Surajit Das

Answers (0)