cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVM 2.0 Problem with System Refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we're using LVM 2.0 (latest SP)  for refreshing a QA System. For testing we use the task list SAP_BASIS_COPY_REFRESH via the LVM.

The SAP table export is working and the data is written to /tmp/VCM_pca/<SID>/vcm_exp_<SID>_2014_08_28_15_23.

After that the system is build via LVM with NetApp volume clonening.

The sytem is coming up and task list SAP_BASIS_COPY_REFRESH should delete table data from the source system and import the saved from the previously step.

But we get the following error:

Task list run SAP_BASIS_COPY_REFRESH_20140828132612 does not exist in the file system

Executing RFC 'STC_TM_SESSION_IMPORT' with the following arguments: RFC Destination Name: 'LVM_SystemID.ER5.SystemHost.saper5.<domain>.Client.000.Import'; Input Parameters

'{PARAM_SESSION_ID=SAP_BASIS_COPY_REFRESH_20140828132612}'.

So LVM is not able to find the export data. When I execute the task list manually via STC02 in the new system the task list is executed and the data is imported. 

Is it maybe a time problem?

The export folder is named _2014_08_28_15_23  but LVM is searching for SAP_BASIS_COPY_REFRESH_20140828132612, so there is a time difference of two hours.

Our systems have the same time.... !

Any ideas?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

additionally I get the following error when the system is restored and the ABAP Task list should be executed:

From tx STC02

Background job STCTM_20140829122932.8569680/14293200 does not exist anymore

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Andreas

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I checked with our DEV team and below is the feedback:

The way it works is - the refresh task-list will export the data and come to a special confirmation task where LVM confirms the task and saves the task list to the file system. Once the copy is done, LVM imports the task-list and continues with the import.

LVM creates a folder for storing the task-list and the export data and in your case, LVM is looking in the wrong folder for the import
task-list and the import data.

The name of the folder & the name of the task list run are two different things.

The time difference of two hours probably means; that LVM is in a different time zone (CEST) then the target host / system (UTC). The folder is created by LVM whereas; the task-list is run by the system. In general, this should not cause any problems however, it still makes sense to check the time-zone maintained within LVM with the time-zone of the system to rule this out completely.

LVM adds the path to the export directory to the DEFAULT profile of the target system (ctc/export_data = …). You should check if this is the correct folder, containing the task list run. This info. can also be found in the LVM logs.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

thanks for your reply. I figured out that LVM stores the xml file for the task run in /tmp/VCM_pca/vcm_exp_ER5_2014_09_01_11_40/ctc_data/sessions.  After the new system is built LVM imports the session data in the system and deletes the xml file in the sessions directory.

This should be ok.

I guess the problem is the following:

LVM tries to start the task list and aborts, the error message is "Task list run SAP_BASIS_COPY_REFRESH_20140901094212 is inconsistent".

If I check the task list via STC02 it is stopped with the message "Background job STCTM_20140901094212.9919450/11421200 does not exist anymore".   Of course this background job can not exist because the database content is refreshed.

Why is this an error for LVM?

Any idea?

I checked the system but there is no problem in SM21 and ST22.

Best Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone??

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I discused this with the team and I would recommend you to open a official ticket for this issue so that, the DEV team can have a closer look and provide a solution.

The correct compement for creating an customre message is BC-VCM-LVM.

Please send me the ticket number via private message.

Best Regards,

Adarsh

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am checking this with my team and I shall come back to you on this.

Don't worry, we'll help you out!! 🙂

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

thank you!  Would be wonderful if your team has an idea.

Best Regards,

Andreas