cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How work Dynamic global Filters in SAP Dashboard

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a requirement which should be possible but i cannot find a solution - i hope you can help me otherwise i go crazy.

I have to create a dashborad (with SAP Dashboards - BO4.1 SP3). In this dashboard we have 10 global filter, e.g. Company, Product,Type,Year,Ratings,etc..

These global filter will be always visible in the dashboard. The user should have the option to choose freely (no specific order) his filter / filters. When he filters e.g. Company i want that all values in the other filters will be automatically refreshed and show only the available values for the choosen company.

So in the end its like cascading/dynamic filters.

I had lots of looks in the forum but the only thing what i found are cascading LOVs - where the order is fixed (e.g. Country->Company->Product) and only for the prompt - but in my case the order should be free and happen in the dashboard.

The datasource is in this case a universe based on SQL Server.

Is there a way to achieve this requirement or do i have to put all possible combinations into excel and code the rest with excel functionality???

Thanks a lot of your time in advance - i really really appreciate any help or idea.

Cheers

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

There a component in Dashboards as Filter.

You can specify the number of filters that you want.

Also we have a sample Dashboard in File -> Samples.

Regards,
Abhilasha

0 Kudos

Hi,

i m very new with the universe things so i m not sure if there is or isn t  a way that LOVs are refreshing according to the filters. I tried a lot but i wasn t able to achieve that. But i m open for every idea.

About the link (firstly thanks) its about cascading in the meaning of the user has to start with the 1.filter - after entering there a value - he has the option to choose the 2.filter and so on. So this is in a fix structure - i need it free

Cheers

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you bringing the filter values to dashboard? Through BIWS? If its BIWS, there is an option to refresh based on time, say give 1 sec or 2 secs. Or other option is to add a boolean value on the refresh state of Qaaws - BIWS. So all the values will be refreshed on load.

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

i connect to the universe and i m creating a query there and the dimension then in my dashboard.

The issue is that if i have several objects(like company, country, product,and so on) in this query than i get multiple values for every object - so for example i get 8 times "Germany". Because , lets say i have 8 different products.So these are not duplicate records  -but i don t want to show 8 times Germany in the list box - i want to have it once. So i would like to have "master data" which i can use to show to the user in my list boxes.

I also tried to use LOVs to get this requirement done- but these values from LOVs never change according to other filters. So i just have all available values all the time - doesn t matter what the user filters.

i m sorry i should have written this earlier.

I got a workaround to creat single query for every filter object and put then all other object as prompt in the filter section of this query. But then i have 10 queries just for filtering and i guess this will have bad influence on the performance and maintenance.

Any suggestions????

Cheers

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see you have all dimensions and no measure. In that case how will have a chart on the dashboard? If there is a measure, you could have aggregate based on it. I would suggest to create static LOVs for all the dimensions that don't change and use a separate query for each.There by you don't need to have 10 queries. For example - country.

Arun

0 Kudos

Hi,

the measure i would put in other queries - so one for filter options and a lot other queries for the graphs.

Can you explain me your suggestion a bit more - i don t understand it. Do u mean - i make one query with all dimension for the filters and i assign LOVs to every dimension - then i use the LOVs to show the filter options? But all dimensions for the filters should be able to change and i m not able to make it possible that LOVs are changing during run time- they always stay as they are at the beginning.

Cheers

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the LOV are not refreshing then my suggestions won't work. I found this link not sure will help.

Arun