cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production version selection according to explosion date

0 Kudos

Hello

In customizing for MRP (OPPQ), parameters for BOM explosion / routing selection is 3 (BOM explosion number/order start date).

In MRP4 view of material master, selection method for BOM explosion is 2 (Selection by production version).

No MRP group is assigned.

I have 3 production versions : one for 2014, one for 2015, one for 2016 :

I use a BOM explosion number with fixed key date 1st December 2015 :

When manually creating a planned order with dates in 2014 and explosion number EXP_1215 (fixed key date 1st December 2015), Production Version PV1 is selected (valid for 2014), but no routing is selected because explosion date is BOM explosion number, and in PV1 there is no valid routing in 2015 :

Is it possible to select production version according to explosion date, and not order dates ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan,

are you aready try setting :

3Selection only by production version in MRP4 View?

Daniele

0 Kudos

Hello Daniele

The result is the same since it's even more restrictive. Thank you for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be also in OPPQ tcode setting explosion date ->

1Order start date

IN this case when the system calculate the explosion date should be take this as explosion date.

Let me know if i've been useful for you

Daniele

0 Kudos

With this setting the BOM explosion number would be ignored and then a valid routing would be found, but that doesn't fit to the business requirement.

Thank you for your suggestion.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tristan,

As far as I know in standard system BOM explosion number can be used to select the BOM components on particular date and not to select alternative BOM or alternate production version.

Br

KK

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan

The following modification note can be used to influence the selection of production version on planned orders:

351773 - Selection of production versions for planned order

Alternatively, you can create your own logic using BAdI MD_MODIFY_PRODVERS.

BR

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hello Caetano

The modification in note 351773 - Selection of production versions for planned order makes possible to select by order start date instead of finish date.

For my business logic explosion date in BOM explosion number should be used, so BAdI MD_MODIFY_PRODVERS seems to be the solution.

Thank you.

Answers (0)