cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to resue the exisitng Entity/EntitySet in different GW proj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a requirment to reuse existing Entity in my project.Like I need to give a differnt URI for differnt consumer with some add on Fields to existing Entity, suggest me the best way.

Can't I resue the exisitng Entity I created and can't add on to that these additional fields...rather than recreating the same entity again for  my new consumer.

And please advise me the naming conventions & Versioning to be followed for the best practices.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

In my opinion, u can have a service which is generic enough so that it can be used in different ways by different users until and unless there would be no too much deviation in the use case and the way service is consumed.

If too much deviation is there then no other option part from creating new ones.

Its all depends on us how we would like to keep things simple.

U can refer the below as well for more info and can help u :

For naming conventions some info here:

Creating High-Quality OData Services - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent Ashwin, all my questions and concerns are answered.

And I would like to ask another set...

what is the best pratice to naming the GW project like Z_GW_ProName_XXXX and what is the better way to maintain for versioning just createing 1 projec and different entities or 1project for related entites to group in.

And the 2nd question how can I rename my external GW service for ex : I have a service name called

Z_MyProj_Products and the service gets creted like Z_MyProj_Products_SRV and URI is generated on baes of this.

I dont want to show Z_MyProj_Products_SRV as my external I just want to post it like just Products.

When I rename the SICF service its allowing but none working on URI(I knew some more has to do) ?

Thanks

Answers (0)