Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Designer - source image location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on a NW740 upgrade project, and have run into what is probably a theme designer 101 problem with creating a user theme based on the sap_goldreflection theme for ABAP WD. Previously when I've worked on portal theming I have been able to use the SAP standard images by accessing the theme download zip file, in NW740 theme designer the images used must be on the NW740 server, but how do I access them?

Another issue I have is identifying the relevant CSS parameter ID for changing in the expert tab. I have completed about 80% of the changes that are required, but have some changes to make where the parameter isn't obvious. Is there any freeware available to give the CSS Parameter for an element under the pointer? (it would be nice if this was in-built in the theme designer, or am I missing something obvious)

Thanks      

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the browse functionality of UI Theme Designer to import images into your custom theme. UI Theme Designer will automatically convert them into a Base64 encoded image URL.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the browse functionality of UI Theme Designer to import images into your custom theme. UI Theme Designer will automatically convert them into a Base64 encoded image URL.

0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply, not sure if I'm missing something that's really simple. Importing a new image into the theme designer is easy. But if  I want to change the colour of say the radio buttons, because the standard colours go against corporate branding, in the past I would have gone to the image in the Portal theme export .zip files, change the colours and then import this updated image. I want to keep the same shape and size of image as the remaining unchanged radio buttons, I'm from an ABAP/functional/portal admin background rather than a graphics background, so looking to not have to design the images from scratch.

0 Kudos

The standard images of the SAP provided themes are stored in the KPro. You can download the UR MIMEs (it's a ZIP file containing all SAP provided themes) using the report WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES. In order to locate the correct CSS element use the developer tools in Chrome or IE10+.

0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli, 7-zip tells me I've got 5 hours to wait while it unzips MIME file, but after that I'm sure I'll be up and running (well maybe crawling!).