Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Creation or Batch Determination for 531 movement type

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some confusion with Movement type 531 -

1) Can we do Batch determination for 531 movement type.

2)  Can we do the automatic Batch creation at the production order level or confirmation level. In this case i have done the settings but in confirmation screen i have to create batch manually through Menu Path.

3) I have to enter characteristics value manually in confirmation screen as i have select classify batches in foreground. But in material master we have Batch Class type so can values comes from there to batch of confirmation screen.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Movement 531 is for goods receipt from by product. Isn't it. Where it is required for batch determination?

As well you will set the batch determination in material level. where you are getting it linked with movement type?

Just few clarification I need .

Regards,

Krishnendu.

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Krishnendu Das,

For first one -

We are generating Scrap with 531 movement type. So if requirement is such that all the scraps which will get generated comes under some already defined batch. Then in that case what will happen. So i want that it is possible to batch determination.

For second -

In confirmation screen i want to do the Batch Determination. I am not confirmed but i think we can configure it with movement type.

I have set the setting for automatic batch creation but i have to create it manually. For finished product it is getting generated. And also characteristics value from material master batch class not flow to batch which i created manually.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please read carefully notes 191368 and 194619. These are very old correction notes and they are already implemented on your system, however, they provide the following information about the system design:

For a by-product or co-product, no batch determination is executed anymore. The subsequent stock determination is not executed anymore either.

and

No batch determination for by-products may be executed during the confirmation.

It means that the batch determination for movemen 531 is not a functionality of the standard system.

I have never tested this scenario, however, as far as I know, the batch can be created automatically for the by-product if you are using internal number range on OMCZ.

BR

Caetano

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano,

Thank you for the Help.

When I have clicked on confirmation screen-Batch determination, it was not possible.

One thing i want to ask that can characteristics of batch class type flow to the batch of Confirmation screen automatically.

Thanks & Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

Answers (0)