cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Assistance in Creating BRF+ for EAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

We are currently using Access Request for our EAM functionality with a 1 stage workflow with approvers coming from the SPM Owners table.

There's currently 4 systems connected in our GRC landscape. The current requirement is to have 2 stage approval workflow for 2 of the system while the other 2 will remain in the 1 stage path. May you kindly advise what approach can be done for this? I'm planning to use the Request type (006) and Functional Area as my conditions for the rule.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Joel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Joel

Harinam has already covered a large bit. Just some thing to consider:

EAM access approval is using the same MSMP workflow as ARQ. It's good you are using request type 006. You will need an initiatior rule that includes the Request Type so you can split out =006 vs <>006. I'm not sure if you are using ARQ for general provisioning, however, catering for the request type now does future proof your solution a bit

As far as handling the next piece, it really depends on whether you have a single step approval that is common for both scenarios. If for example, both had to be approved by FF OWNER but only one has to be approved by the SUPPORT MANAGER, then you could have a Path that request type 006 goes to in the initiator rule and add a routing rule to check if the request has to go the a new path for the Support Manager.

Alternatively, you could hand both scenarios back in the Initiator Rule and check for Request Type, System and Function Areas (not quite sure how function area maps back to FFId). If certain FF Ids needed additional approval, I would then put a check on the FF Id and use a naming convention. In taking this option, you would have two results from BRF+ for FF and in the MSMP you would map each to a different path. One path would have single step approval and the other would have dual. You would need to manage this at line item level to include the system in the check. Harinam pretty much summarised this

There are a few documents in SCN explaining the BRF+ rules and MSMP overview that will help you. The key to getting it to work is to figure out how to design your process flow (i.e. do you split at the Initiator or do you use routing).

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Joel,

I apologise in advance for not knowing how familiar you are to MSMP and BRF+, but I will give you some basic ideas of what requires to be done.

1) Create 2 paths, one with the 2 stage approval, the other with the single stage.

2) Within your ARM custom initiator (which you will need to create, as SAP standard delivered initiator does not cater for EAM ID provisionging requests), utilise the conditions "request type" and something like "role connector" (I am unsure if EAM id's use the same field). In the BRF+ decision table, you need to have your 2 conditions defined in 2 rows with each one having a distinct trigger value/result.

3) Back in MSMP, configure the custom initiator to the Access Request process flow and then map the routing result. Finally activate the workflow.

Majority of the configuration is easy, but the only doubt I have is with the EAM specific attributes being available as condition columns in BRF+ For Access Request purposes (Never had to implement your scenario as such but I may have a look during one of my quiet days)

all the best.