cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Prompt or Filter Values

former_member198454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello. My end users would like to upload a list of numeric values to populate prompt and filter values within A OLAP (we are currently on 4.1 SP3). This would be beneficial when they have a list of accounts or materials they would like to filter upon versus having to select or enter each value manually.

For example, within BEx Analyzer 7 within the Filter value dialog you can choose 'Upload Selections' which allows you to access a text file that contains values.

Does this functionality exist?

Kind regards,

Lynn Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

I'm not aware of that functionality being available. You can however paste a delimited list of values into the prompt values. The delimiter in this case is a semi-colon. It should be valid for appropriate prompt types, to paste something similar to the following "1; 3; 5; 6". Provided, the values are correct keys.

I was a bit surprised to not find this suggestion already posted on IdeaPlace. The closest I could find was the following.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=9AE8C74A-8E80-46B3-B375-6ED0DB92DA2B&idea_id=43EEB36F-...

I hope this helps,

Philip

former_member198454
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Philip. Interestingly enough I went into Analysis for Office and within their Filter Values dialog there is a button labeled 'Paste from Clipboard' that worked well. To test I went into my text file and copied a list of accounts and it nicely pasted them into the value selection within A Office.

I tried the semi colon separating a list of accounts back in A OLAP and it didn't like it. It might be due to the type of BEx variable I am using. I will continue to work with the semi colon idea to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

Lynn

Answers (0)