cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Platform .NET SDK install asks for passwords?

0 Kudos

Seeing that my first experience with SAP customer support by creating an ticket has been VERY unsuccessful, I am hoping that perhaps this avenue might be a bit more helpful.

I am very experienced in Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports Server, having cut my teeth in Crystal since version 5 back in 1997.  I have been the administrator for our InfoView Server since 2008.  I am also a .NET developer and have created and maintain nearly 20 applications that utilize Crystal Reports.

Our company is finally moving off of the Windows 2003 R2 Servers onto Windows 2012 R2 Servers.  I have a separate challenge in trying to get the Crystal Reports Server 2013 set up there, but at this point I'm trying to get my servers for deploying my .NET applications working. I've reached the point where I realize I need to install the SDK onto the server, but not 100% certain which one to use.  I've downloaded 51047189_2.zip, 51046777_2.zip, and BIPSDKRT4104_0-20011164.zip.

Upon attempting to extract these files on a Win XP pc, I'm getting a dialog box indicating that "Password needed" and then a series of files requesting a password.  I've entered "password" and then clicked on "OK" and that takes me to "Confirm File Replace"... "File *.* is either read only, system, or hidden file.  Would you like to replace the existing file." Options here are "Yes", "Yes to All", "No", and "Cancel".  This file repeats for a large number of files before I gave up.

This entire process of downloaded and installing files has already taken up the majority of a week and a half, and at this time, the only thing I finally was able to successfully install was the SAP Download Manager.

Does anyone have some clues for making this wretched process easier before I throw away my long-time loyalty to Crystal Reports and abandon SAP altogether?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most recent version (SP4) of the SDK runtime is in 51048301-1.zip.  I am able to unzip it with no issues and it doesn't require a password.

This is available under the "BI Platform" section of downloads.  Do the following to get there:

1.  From the Software Downloads tab of the  support portal, select "Analytics Solutions"

2.  Click on "Browse the Analytics Solutions Portfolio".

3.  Click on "Installations and Upgrades".

4.  Click on "SAP Crystal Server".

5.  Click on "Installation and Upgrade".

6.  Click on "Windows".

7.  Find "SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.1 SP04 ENTER .NET SDK RUNTIME WIN" and download it.  You can also get the 32-bit version of the SDK as part of the "ClLIENT TOOLS FOR SAP CRYSTAL SERVER 2013 SP04 WINDOWS" install.  Neither of these should require an install key.

-Dell

0 Kudos

This is exactly what I did before.  When I try to extract the zip file, it requests passwords.

0 Kudos

I also did attempt to step through it again just now, with the same results.  What tool are you using to extract your zip files?  I'm simply using the tool that is part of Windows 7.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I usually use 7-zip.  However, I wonder if your files are getting corrupted somehow during the download - none of these zip files should have a password.

-Dell

0 Kudos

I've downloaded more than once.  I actually realized that I was using Win XP because I could not get the SAP Download Manager to work on Win 7.  I copied those files over to my Win 7 and still have issues:

"Compressed (zipped) Folders Error: Compressed (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory.  Ensure that the directory does not already exist, and that the path entered is valid."

Looks like I have some more googling to do!

0 Kudos

aha! when I set the folder to C:\Windows\Temp\... it began unzipping the files.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The zip file may contain some very long file paths.  So, as you've found, your best bet is to do something like you've done and make the path you're unzipping to short - I would even do something like C:\BI4

-Dell

0 Kudos

gotcha!  I've discovered that the password issue goes away when I pointed it to that Windows\Temp folder.  I think I can call this issue resolved.  Thanks Dell for your assistance on this!

Answers (0)