cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error viewing report in BI Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having permission issues on an account, but cannot determine what needs to be granted.  I have a crystal report in a folder that is accessible to the account through the CMC.  I can select the report and choose to View it on demand.  It prompts for the parameters and then runs as desired.  When accessing the same report with the same account through BI Launchpad, I am getting an error indicating the account does not have the right "Right to Refresh" on the report. 

Anybody seen similar issue or have some ideas?

system:BI 4.0SP9

CR 2011 SP9

Thanks,

JB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

is the Report working as administrator?

Grand the "View On Demand" ACL to the Report, the Connection (is in use) and the Universe (if in Use).

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does work in both the CMC and the Launchpad with an Administrator account.  I created a new test account and have been working through the issue with it.  The Report does not use a universe or connections from the Repository.  It uses an ODBC connection with the logon information configured in the default settings on the server.

Your response confirmed what I thought was needed for the report to run correctly.  It looks like the error was related to the prompt the report uses.  When I included a default value and unchecked the 'Prompt when viewing' option, the account was able to View the report in the CMC and Launchpad.  After removing the default value and requiring the prompt again, the report continued to work.  To further test, I removed that account and created another test account.  I gave it the same View and View on Demand rights as before and the report worked from the beginning.  I do not know why\what changed that would allow it to work without any account specific changes being made.

Thanks for the help.

-- JB

Answers (0)