cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 - Agentry - SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to implement SSO (using network/LDAP userID and Password) for Agentry Application in our SMP 3.0 Landscape.

We have configured JavaBE.ini to connect with the Enterprise Portal which connects with LDAP. I have also implemented SAP Note: 2043172.

The whole process seems to work when I enter the right network user ID and password.

But when I enter the right userID but wrong password, I get the below error:

User ID may not be empty.  Please Re-enter.

Or

Could not login user XXXXXX - IO Exception SSO server response code of error: 401

I am not sure which scenario throws which error.

I just wanted to understand these errors more, so I can make my solution better. Like what does really mean - 'User ID may not be empty. Please Re-enter'

Second Question: In JavaBE.ini - the user under [SERVICE_LOGON] section - Does this user need to exist in LDAP and SAP System both? I think yes. Just confirming.

And I am not sure if I phrase this question the right way or not - Does Agentry Server holds the SSO Cookie for a user? Or does it request from EP every time the user tries to login?

Regards

Ankur Malhotra

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes it is hard to decode some of the error messages.  Agentry  client just shows raw error message thrown by EP/LDAP. I don't think Agentry layer is  converting error message into user friendly error message.   Yes service user should exists both in EP/SAP. SSO cookie is not cache anywhere, everytime user logons on a new cookie is issued.

I hope it clarify your question.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that it's difficult sometimes to decode an error. I was think exactly the same about a user friendly message instead of such exceptions.

The information you provided is really helpful.

I will mark this thread as answered as my basic questions have been answered.

Thank you again.

Regards

Ankur

former_member1821
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ankur

Please can you say how you resolved the com.syclo.agentry.AgentryException: Could not login user XXXXXX - IO Exception SSO server response code of error: 401   I am experiencing the same error after following the SAP Work Manager Installation Guide to enable SSO with a portal to retrieve a logon ticket to allow connection to the ERP backend. startup.log for Agentry shows the above message. The "IO Exception" almost suggests a setting in javaBE.ini tells java to read from a file, but the file is empty or does not exist, but this is just a complete guess. Your experience would be much appreciated.

Thanks

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

James/Ankur:

Were you able to configure the SSO as described in Ankur's post. I am trying tp accomplish the same but with no luck. Any one has steps to configure SSO by connecting to SAP Portal (which is connected to LDAP) and this takes us to ECC as portal and ecc are trusted.

Ravi

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Can you please open up new thread with your question.  Current thread is closed.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju. I opened one yesterday "sso for agentry.(sapwm61)in SAP Mobile Platform Developer Center', but was going through posts today and found yours.

Any help you can render....

Ravi

Answers (0)