Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Error in SE80 WDA Workbench WDYN Comp Layout

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I'm not sure whether to post this in the Basis Forum or somewhere completely different, but I'll try here first:

We've got a strange occurence since today within TA SE80 when opening WebDynpro Components and Navigating into the Layout of a View. The following script error is thrown repeatedly:

It doesn't seem to be a local problem since all co-workers I asked to check this were able to reproduce it. For some, me including, unfortunately, the error reoccurs infinitely, i.e. the error is thrown infinitley so that I can't even close the modus anymore and have to kill my SAP-GUI via the task manager. Naturally, developing is not possible at the moment 😕

I haven't found any threads/notes (neither manually nor via ANST) concerning this particular problem yet. Has anyone ever encountered something similar?

We are using WinXP SP3 with IE7 (please suppress the urge to tell me to use an up-to-date OS/Browser, I can't helpt it).

Backend System: NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 11, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 73 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 24

Cheers, Lukas

EDIT: P.S. I haven't implemented any notes recently that could cause this and nobody else I have asked so far did so either.

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Please check this SAP Note 1009930 if it helps! Also check this discussion:

Regards,

Kiran

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

damn I fail to find stuff way too often lately.. thanks for pointing me to the note and the thread.

Concerning the approach one person suggests in the linked Thread, deactivating and reactivating /sap/bc/webdynpro, will this deactivation cascade down the ICF-Tree? I mean if I deactivate /sap/bc/webdynpro will this deactivate everything below the tree as well, meaning once I reactivate /sap/bc/webdynpro I have to manually activate every single service again? Or will it just be like, off-->on and all is good?

I'll take a dive in the notes the Note 1009930 is referring to meanwhile.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Yes, It deactivates all the nodes under that, And while activating, you have the option to Activate all the subnodes( Yes to All).

Regards,

Kiran

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Urgh... then I have to document what is activated beforehand, that'll take some time >.<

The Note 1009930 and its "branches" did not qualify for a solution of my problem, so I'll try reactivating the /sap/bc/webdynpro on Monday and let you know how it turned out.

Cheers + Nice Weekend

Lukas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've now tried to deactivate and reactivate the /sap/bc/webdynpro node but it didn't have any effect. The error persists....

Any other ideas? Is there any way to find out what exactly the cause behind the script error is?

Cheers, Lukas

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Here is the Fix, need to delete few duplicate js files. Please check SAP Note: 1608760

Regards,

Kiran

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

unfortunately the note is long obsolete for my system (see my opening post). I checked every MIME-Object (both those mentioned in the note and those that are not) for duplicates nevertheless - there are none.

That you pointed me to this note got me thinking though. We have recently applied several UR-Notes up to Patch 731 ST13/II in consultation with the SAP DEV support for unified rendering (because we opened some messages concerning accessibility problems). Could this script error be a side effect of doing that? Up until now, there have never been problems applying UR-Notes higher than the actual current Stack, this would be the first time.

I also checked for UR patches again today and found there now is one more patch available we have not yet implemented, i.e. Patch 731 ST13/III.... maybe I should implement that one as well, clutching at straws.

In any case thank you a lot so far, Kiran, thanks to you pointing to the note 1608760 I finally know what to search for, i.e. "view designer" and component BC-DWB-WD-ABA. My next step will be searching for more notes concerning this component. I'll get back here and put down some feedback once I've searched a bit.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Not sure if applying the UR Note would fix this! As mentioned in the other discussion, please also check with your basis team to delete the server cache and check.

If not, need to raise an OSS to SAP for the new fix to this NW version.

Best Regards,

Kiran

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

after searching manually for BC-DWB-WD-ABA and managing to capture an ANST-Trace without the SAP-GUI crashing, I've implemented Notes 0001962448, 0001994389, 0002016324, 0002029289 and 0002029595. After that I have globally invalidated the HTTP-Plugin's Server-Cache and deactivated/reactivated the ICF-Node /sap/bc/webdynpro (yet again).

However, the issue remains, I'm going to raise a message now.

Cheers, Lukas

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Global Support was very quick this time and pointed me to the very evasive note 0002009353 which has solved the problem.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's very nice to hear Lukas!

Cheers,

Kiran

Answers (0)