cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The UUID daemon (uuidd) is not active (code 30256) , ABAP, HANA, NW 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try log to abap, I got followed error " The UUID daemon (uuidd) is not active (code 30256) " I know that, this problem is known, but I tried also most possibilities, how It have found.

My kernel release 741

Patch number 47

I downloaded patches from market place:

R3load_48-10012510.SAR

R3ldctl_48-10012510.SAR

lib_dbsl_43-10012510.sar

When I checking status of service uuidd, all is running. "uuidd -t" generates uuidd's.

But ABAP still not working. I saw this "Note 1391070 - Linux UUID solutions". Early, before reinstall ABAP everything worked. My DB is HANA. Anyone can help me?

I have not any more ideas what can I do

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

If you're running SLES (or any other flavour of SuSE), make sure package "sapconf" is installed, that'll take care of the necessary kernel parameter changes to make the system SAP compatible.

Installing said package resolved this error for your installations (SLES11 & MaxDB).

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

To be precise not "any other falovor of SUSE", but only SLES and SLES for SAP Applications does ship the sapconf package.

fabian_herschel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi O K,

please give us a chance to help you by providing the following data:

Wgich Linux do you have installed? Which exact version?

If it is SLES please give the content of

/etc/SuSE-release and also grep '^<product' -C 5 /etc/products.baseproduct

For RHEL it should be something like

/etc/redhat-release (sorry that I do not know the file by hart)

Lets us assume its SUSE and the product name is like "SUSE_SLES", the version like "11.3".

Than please try the following:

Create a time-based uuid using

uuidgen -t

Than check in the processlist, if the uuidd is now started (for the next 5 minutes):

ps -ef | grep uuid

Thanks

Fabian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved my problem , follow required steps for this:

1. Return mode SELinux to "enforcing".

2. Recheck if my error message in ABAP still shows.

3. Then, first of all check /var/log/audit/audit.log -  should be messages of denied access to uuidd.

4. Then check /var/log/messages.log - should there be also this same type messages, for example:

If you believe that uuidd should be allowed write access on the  sock_file by default.

Then you should report this as a bug.

You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.

Do

allow this access for now by executing:

# grep uuidd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol

# semodule -i mypol.pp

I have done recommended commands in this log, and now everything working with SELinux=enforcing mode.

In addition this link refer to documentation https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Security-Enhanced_Linu...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OK,

Please take Operating system team help...

Regards

S.Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Temporarily workaround this problem by changing SELinux = permissive in location "/etc/selinux/config". Ok , now I will search more precisely problem.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you check this SAP Note , Still if you are facing issue better you can raise the ticket to SAP Support
1310037 - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11: Installation notes

BR