Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas - Alignment of controls on screen

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started with some hands-on exercises on Screen Personas 2.0. I noticed that while creating flavors the screen does not show itself in a full screen mode. So, when you drag and drop controls they may not be aligned (read centred) on the screen correctly, when you view it in full screen mode. Personally, with a background in developing web applications in HTML and .NET technologies, I have had the advantage of using control properties like align, v-align, h-align. But, the current version of Personas does not have them.

How are other developers aligning their controls on screen, using top & left?

I would appreciate if anyone has any best practices to share.

Thanks.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

the SAP Note 1884539 says:

On changing screen resolution, alignment of the fields/controls changes.

SAP Screen Personas and SAP Dynpro technology rely on absolute positioning from the top left corner of the screen. Thus, all the location information of controls is stored relative to the top left corner of the Personas frame. This allows the screen to look similar in most situations but prevents the screen from re-aligning content based on the screen resolution.

Most browsers such as Internet Explorer and Firefox support a manual configuration of a browser zoom level, the absolute screen resolution used to layout the screen can be passed to SAP Screen Personas using url parameters &width=XX&height=yy - this combination allows users to render even flavors created on high resolution screens on lower resolution screens.

Best Regards,

Julius Klingenmaier

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thank you for your answer.

So, the way to do this right now is pretty much use math.

Regards,

Abhijeet