cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSDL missing <xsd:annotation> & <xsd:appinfo> tags for new field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was recently asked to add a new field to a service interface.  I made the changes to the Data Type and Mapping as appropriate and after activating those changes went to the Sender Agreement to save the WSDL in a file so I can handle it to our business partner (I created the file on the IB under Sender Agreement-->Display WSDL).  During the testing of interface using webservice navigator response gave an exception. We checked the WSDL file and the new field is there but it's missing the  <xsd:annotation> & <xsd:appinfo> tags (which all of the other fields have).

Here's an extract of how the WSDL looks, the new field is URI, ORG_NM2, ORG_NM3:

:

<xsd:element name="IV_J_1IPANREF" type="xsd:string">

<xsd:annotation>

<xsd:appinfo source="http://sap.com/xi/TextID">

c6a198762dd811e48dab0c84dcced6b4

</xsd:appinfo>

</xsd:annotation>

</xsd:element>

<xsd:element name="URI" type="xsd:string" />

<xsd:element name="ORG_NM2" type="xsd:string" />

<xsd:element name="ORG_NM3" type="xsd:string" />

:

As you can see the annotation and appinfo tags are missing for the new field URI ORG_NM2, ORG_NM3,.  I think this might be the reason why they don't see the new field when they upload the WSDL to their system.   Is there something else I need to do for the WSDL to be generated correctly?

Please suggest urgently.

Neeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The <xsd:annotation> tag is for documentation or information about the field(also occurrence) however, I just see the fields correctly , you can check your wsdl and test with SOAP UI Tool. Maybe is the other side that expected this tag.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

You are right fields are coming correctly but when I am testing the wsdl using webservice navigator or SOAP UI I am getting the below exception:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.XmlUnmarshalException: XML Deserialization Error. XML Parser has thrown exception while parsing input. See nested exception.

Error Log:

<!-- see the documentation -->

<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>

<SOAP:Body>

<SOAP:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Server Error</faultstring>

<detail>

<s:SystemError xmlns:s='http://sap.com/xi/WebService/xi2.0'>

<context>XIAdapter</context>

<code>ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION</code>

<text><![CDATA[

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Application:EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE:

at com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.SOAPHandler.processSOAPtoXMB(SOAPHandler.java:765)

I though that since missing of these two <xsd:annotation> & <xsd:appinfo> tag may be the ssue because after adding new fields this was the only difference in WSDL.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. This is another kind of error.

Take the payload in your sxi_monitor and check in your mapping.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for the support. I have resolved the

issue.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

If you have resolved your issue, please share the solution and mark the answer like the correct one. You should think that this forum is not only for resolve you particular problem now, it is also to solve future SCN members problems, for example like yours.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

What did you do to resolve the issue?