Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI for Report Generation

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All gurus,

Need your expert advice on this..

There are some customized reports(ALV) that Business is requesting and the Reports will have SAP + Legacy system information running on SQL Server. In order to cater the requirement with real time data, business is emphasizing on use of PI (JDBC will be one of main adapters to be used). Number of Users authorized for this reports will be 50.

1. Is there a message size limitation in PI (ex: 5mb) sine each report  will contain 10,000 records from legacy systems (50 Users will run daily and there are 30 various reports like this) .
  2. Will these reports have an impact on performances on PI/ECC/SQL server  (Daily reports like above and there are some monthly reports that will contain 20,000 records)

I know that thee is BW module for this requirement and unfortunately the Business is not interested in investing on this..

What are the performance optimization methods for these and any alternatives and improvements on this plzzz..

Thank you all in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you need to push back on this design otherwise you will end up working crazy hour trying to fix new serious issues that will impact the performance.

If they pushed back on using BI so they can use other reporting mechanism on the the top of that MS SQL DB, for exemple BOBJ on the top of that DB. It sounds that the DB has more data required for that report anyway.

So here is my recommendation: build a ppt slide that captures the 3 options: BI, ECC and MS SQL where you capture the POS/CONS for each solution and let them sign off...

Cheers

Fouad