cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA XS Authentication Runtime configuration deleted at root level.

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This question because I did put myself in a hell of a situation I would'nt dare dream of in my worst nightmares.

Here is the incident I posted to SAP support , but your inputs will be more than welcome !

In the SAP HANA XS Administration Tool, RunTime configuration seems to have been deleted by mistake at root level.

Consequence is that any attemp to connect to any application, including THE SAP HANA XS ADMINISTRATION TOOL itself fails with error message "No authentication method configured" in the web browser.

We need a procedure to reinitiate a default configuration, so as, at least, be able to restart the XS administration Tool.

(I guess I have to put some default file somewhere in a SLES directory, so that the XS Engine can find it ... But I have no clue of what to do!  )

SAP HANA XS administration tool was working fine before this incident occured.

(And of course, we don't have any decent backup to restore the whole system...)

Steps to reproduce the incident :     

To reproduce the error :

1.log on to SAP HANA XS Administration Tool.

2.Choose the root package

3.Push the 'delete' button, confirm.

4.Log out.

(This is utterly idiot, but it was done anyway!!!, don't do it in a system you cannot refresh !)

==> Try to log again.

==> Try to log to SAP HANA Live Browser.

---> Same error message.

Thanks for your help, support, advice, ideas...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If it makes you feel better you aren't the first person to have done this.  It can be fixed with SQL using the HANA Studio and the SQL Console. You can call all the XSACCESS configurations by directing writing SQL against the _SYS_XS.RUNTIME_CONFIGURATION table.

UPSERT "_SYS_XS"."RUNTIME_CONFIGURATION" values('','{"authentication": [{"method": "Form"},{"method": "Basic"}]}','SYSTEM',NOW());

That should set the root configuration back to the default values.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I forgot to add that you need to restart the system (or at least the XS Engine process) after making these changes. Changing the table directly like this doesn't inform the XS Engine of the change.

former_member184969
Participant
0 Kudos

Thomas,

You have my many thanks.

It works .

I will now open another thread to get help on 'Working Capital Analytics', as it is still miserably crashing, but I now know that it is NOT AT ALL due to this configuration issue.

(As I verified this prerequisite from the Admin guide the hard way )

And I will try to avoid using the XS config tool, as its use seems to me quite unsecure...

Regards

0 Kudos

Thank you! This helped me as well

Answers (0)