Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Exceptions error in DATA SERVICES

mario_sepulveda
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

Anyone know how I can reassign the ranges for error exceptions in Data Services ?. For example an error when deleting a file that does not exist on disk, throws code 50616, but the catch object can not monitor it because it is not within the exceptions.
How I can add exceptions to these groups, or, how I can monitor these errors as they occur ?.

Error handling in Data Services is very bad in my opinion.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200473
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mario,

You can use try catch in script which may help you

former_member211387
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can catch the error code itself in the catch segments.

You can place a catch all and script in the code for each error code.

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have an example of how this would work with the catch all and a script?  We are facing a similar issue where it seems our catch block is not catching all errors.  In this case it appears to be a stored procedure that is missing.

(14.2) 09-09-14 07:08:50 (E) (9036:7600) DBS-070401: |Data flow DF_Subk_UpdateLetterContractData|Transform QRY_SP_TOUPDATELETTERCONTRACT-Function2  ODBC data source <10.25.34.140> error message for operation <SQLExecute>: <[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'DBO.SP_UpdateContractLetterData'.>.

The job is erroring but in the catch block we are trying to call an RFC back in the ECC system to update the status (job was triggered from ECC) and it never reaches the catch block to do this.

former_member205887
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

In the Catch block top pane (Exception), make sure you have checked

1) Database access errors

2) Database connection errors

If the issue still persist, to debug put a Print statement in a Script in Catch block to see if the control is getting into Catch Block.

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It was not getting to the catch block but I found a way around it.  While it is not very elegant it seems to work.  I created a query transform off the step that is calling the stored procedure.  I checked the return code and if it is 'ACTA_SP_CALL_ERROR' I use function RAISE_EXCEPTION to generate a message in the log.

It appears that the raise_exception is enough to trigger the catch block.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This exception should covered under "FileAccessErrors" Just make sure this Exceptions is selected and you should have an error handling routine for this exception.