cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner XXXX is currently locked by you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I need some detailed information if there is any alternative to the reprocessing of the error i am facing.

Error:

Business partner &1 is currently locked by you

Issue is as below:

The below is the case when the above error comes up during replicationbetween CRM and ECC.

Case: The BP is in change mode in both CRM and ECC or in either of these two systems.

Now whenever we are editing a BP  in CRM, a BDoc fails in SMW01 with error as mentioned above.

But when we are in display mode, the BDoc still remains in failed status in SMW01 and the replication is not happening.

Once i restart the BDoc from SMW01, the replication is successful.

Information required:
1.Why the BDoc is not processed automatically as soon as we are in display mode.
2.Is there any settings that needs to be done for this so that as soon as you are in display mode the message gets processed.

I know we can scheduled a restart batch job periodically but again this batch job creates un-necessay entries in SMW3_BDOC6 for the BDocs which cannot be reprocessed. And we should always verify a BDoc before reprocessing.

I was expecting a mechanism which does the below activity for any middleware:
1.If you are editing a transaction in CRM, the Queue and BDoc remains in failed status with the error as mentioned above.
2.But as soon as you are in display mode, the replication should trigger automatically.

I have checked many discussion forum and also checked SAP Notes but could not find the reason or resolution. Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

regards,
Vicky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Whenever the queue is getting processed and the Bdocs get created, after the error (In this case, Locking error) the Bdocs will be listed in errored out state. Now after the BP is changed to display mode, there have to be a pooling mechanism to check if this has been corrected.

Only if such mechanism is there, it can automatically reprocess and with the load and the errors that happen in the replication, it becomes all the more difficult for the Middleware to check each and every bdocs which are errored out to trigger automatic reprocessing. So it is recommended to have a batch job take care of the same. Middleware experts can obviously pour in more information on this. Overall performance can also take a hit if this automatic triggering process goes into an infinite loop.

Regards,

Venkat