Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group box in asset master record's tab overlap each other

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was wondering anyone has seen the same issue that I'm experiencing. I'm on EHP6 and have logged the issue with SAP but wondering if you've faced the same problem.

I basically designed a new tab layout with 2 tabs and assigned the following group box to the 1st tab

S0001     General

S0003     Time-Dependent Data

S0002     Posting Information

S0013     Equipment

to the 2nd tab I only assigned

S0009     Origin

S0100     Depreciation Areas

Then I assigned the new tab to the asset class.

Now when I create the asset through AS01, the tab and group boxes appear however the time-dependent group box overlaps with posting information (please see below). Have you experienced the same issue in your environment?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Minab,

This is definitively the problem of overlapping of the layouts.

The asset master data transactions AS01, AS02 and AS03 uses a generic tool to define the screen layout. Unfortunately there are some restrictions on that tool which are based on basis functionality.

The problem is caused by compression and resizing (note 203023)

Since Release Enterprise there are more fields on that screen in Release Enterprise than before.

Hence, the problem is caused by the definition of your asset layout the solution in your case could be to move the screen to an own subscreen or to move this screen to the end of the tab.

Please go the customizing (transaction SPRO) and follow these steps:
   Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Master Data -> Screen
   Layout -> Specify Tab Layout for Asset Master Record -> Define Tab
   Layout for Asset Master Data

Select in your layout the relevant tab page.

Here you may need to change positions and group boxes around. Unfortunately there's no other solution possible due to technical restrictions.

best regards Bernhard

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Bernhard for valuable info and the note. I rearrange the box and it looks much better . I have kept the ticket open with SAP, I got a reply back that it looks OK in their environment so now they want access to our system to have a look. I will update the discussion with the result.

former_member204457
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just a quick follow up that SAP acknowledged that the issue is indeed with having additional fields in AMR that has been addressed in the note 203023 as you mentioned. Thank you for quick and accurate response. Full points awarded.

Answers (0)