cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 Failed to find an Available Report Application Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to Publish Crystal Reports 2013 to the BI 4.1 SP2 Enterprise.

I have installed SAP CR 2013 on my Laptop and also on our Citrix machine, from both systems I am getting the following error when try to publish:

Failed to find an Available Report Application Server.

All the ports and firewall are open, when doing some trace with Wireshark, its assigning some random ports starting with 64960.

On the same machine, i have installed Crystal Reports 2008, I could publish reports to Enterprise.

Could you please let me know what might be the issue.

Is Crystal Reports 2013 need any specific port to be assigned?

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rogerperkins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Give view access to your report writers group in the server name user security setting for: CrystalReports2013ReportApplicationServer

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

I have experienced such issue previously which was fixed after assigning Static port to WACS which is open on firewall.

Please check the same in your Environment if you have static ports and WACS set up.

WACS is also a type of APS and CMS queries it.

Regards,

Nachiket

0 Kudos

I have a solution.

We hard set the ports on all the servers 6420 - 6440, then set the ip addresses (IPv4) on all the servers apart from the CMS which we left as auto assign so that we could log on with desktop client tools to the server name and not the ip address. Started everything up and crystal connected I created a new report and it saved to the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, updating the Host file on Citrix system with SAP BI 4.1 Server  IP resolved the issue.

0 Kudos

Was this issue fixed as I am having the same problem with BO 4.1 SP4 p4 and crystal 2013. I can open and save but I can't create a new crystal report and save it to the server.

frank_salamon
0 Kudos

You also need to set and open ports for all Adaptive Processing Servers. See note 1820876. This is in additional to all the other servers mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In addition to assiging the ports for below servers,

Crystal 2013 Report Application Server

Crystal Processing Server

Input File Repository Server

Outout File Repository Server

I have configured the following setting also:  Add Service Account that the
CMS runs under to the server's local admin group.

Still I am getitng the following error when trying  to save the report to Enterprise:

"  Failed to find an Available Report Application Server  "

Please advise .

Thanks,

Kris

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The next thing I would do would be to temporarily install Crystal on the server where BO is running (not in a Production environment though!).  If you can successfully publish the report from there, then the issue is that communication is being blocked between Citrix/Laptop and the server.  If you can't successfully publish there, you should look at which SP of Crystal 2013 you're using - it should be the same (SP2) as your BO server software.

-Dell

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope this SAP KB 1879427 - "Failed to find Report Application Server" when saving a CR document to the repository on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1879427 helps.

Hope this helps,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell,

I have installed Crystal on the Server system we have BI server, and I could successfully publish the report from there.

The issue is from my laptop / Citrix machine, but the strange thing is with Crystal 2008 I can publish successfully from Citrix, with Crystal 2013 is have issues, not sure what is the difference between the two from network / Configuration point of view.

I am planning to implement: 1786385 - "Failed to find an available RAS" error when saving a new CR 2011

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

I did applied the mentioned OSS 1879427, but no luck.

Thanks,

Kris

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.  Hope KB 1786385 works for you.

chris_florek
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try to add a Viewer accees to Everyone group to all "CrystalReports-ReportApplicationServer(s)" [RAS]:

1. Login to CMC

2. Navigate to "Servers" -> "Crystal Report Services"

3. Right click on the "RAS" and choose "User Security"

4. Add Principals

5. Search for "Everyone"

6. Choose "Viewer" access level.

I had same problem on BO 4.1 SP 4 (SAP Crystal Reports ver. 14.1.4.1327) and I was able to fix this "Failed to find an available Report Application Server" issue by adding the Viewer access level to all my RAS servers (per SAP note: 1879427)

I hope this will work for you as well.

0 Kudos

Had the exact same issue and Chris's answer fixed it for me though instead of giving access to "Everyone" I gave it to the group I assigned our report writers/publishers to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer solved my issue. Thank You, Chris..

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might need to set specified ports on the servers in the CMC.  To do this:

1.  Log in to the CMC.

2.  Go to Servers.

3.  Edit the properties of the following servers to set a specified port in order to be able to save from Crystal:

Crystal 2013 Report Application Server

Crystal Processing Server

Input File Repository Server

Set the ports to something between 6411 and 6499 (this range will avoid any of the ports that are automatically explicitly set for the CMS, SIA, and WACS.)

4.  Restart these three servers.  If any of them don't come up due to a port conflict, restart the SIA.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the mentioned steps, but no luck , still i get Failed to find an Report Application Server.

But Crystal 2008 works with no issues, not sure whats the issue for Crystal 2013 with ports or Firewall or any additional Configs required for Report application server at CCM level.

Thanks,
Kris