cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to connect to Amazon AWS instance with Eclipse IDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have  installed the latest  Eclipse IDE and trying to connect to my Amazon AWS instance via 'Add cloud system'  option. I get the error as show. Can somebody suggest what could be the issue ? Please see attached. Location host column I tried with hana.ondemand.com as well. it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

John M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

please send us a log files from IDE for further investigation, but my initial assumption would be that your networking setting are not correct.

Check the proxy settings inside Eclipse - Windows/Preferences/General/Networking Connection.

Best,

Dobri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dobri,

Please see the attachment to see what my actual problem is . Please focus on step 5 in the attachment. Is there any place that shows the step by step guide for connection details.

Thanks a lot.

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The "Add Cloud System" wizard does not work with AWS instances - it's for connecting to instances on SAP HCP (SAP's PaaS offering). More details about it can be found in .

For AWS - you can consult .

HTH!

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vlado,

Thanks again . After quite a bit of trying I was able overcome many obstacles. The issue now is the the following. When I try to connect I get the following message " System locked; license is invalid or expired " . I sent a mail to las@sap.com , but there is no response. Can you guide me who would be able to provide this this file. Looks like it is a .txt file, which I need to install but the .txt file itself has to be provided. Any idea how to proceed ?

Thanks

John M

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Again - this forum space is for SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) and the "Add Cloud System" wizard is for connecting to instances on SAP HCP. I'd suggest that you close this thread now and explain your other issues and questions in the respective forum for your problem (if you were following the document linked in my previous reply, that would be ).

Cheers,

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vlado,

Isn't Amazon AWS  a cloud solution ? I assume this is the right place to ask this question. If not can you please direct me to the appropriate forum.

Thanks

John M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue I had with HDB.txt license file has been resolved. What did I do ? Nothing really. Just re applied for license again at http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm

Got my HDB.txt file within 3 minutes. Something is working !!!

Thanks

John M.

Answers (0)