cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage Decision Stock Posting Issue due to conversion factor of alternative unit (PC to KG)

0 Kudos

Dear All

I need your help on following issue if there is any possibility .

Error - PU GR blocked stock exceeded by 0.002 PC : 2847 1000 M7 22

Steps to understand the issue.

1. I have created a material master with base unit "PC-Piece" and maintained alternative unit "KG- Kilogram" along with conversion factor 4930 KG = 100 PC. Incoming quantity inspection type (01) is also active on the material.

2. I have created purchasing info record with 10 rupees by per KG.

3. Purchase order created with 1500 quantity in KG and system automatically converted alternative quantity 1500 KG to 30.426 PC. Unlimited check also active in PO.

4. Post goods receipt with 103 mvt in alternative unit 1500 KG and system auto update base quantity 30.426 PC.

5. Result recording done

6. On usage decision (QA11), we are trying stock posting with 30.426 quantity in base unit but system not allowing us stock posting due to conversion factor.

Error Evaluation:

On usage decision, system calculating stock posting quantity "30.426" / Conversion factor "( 100 / 4930 )" = 1500.002 and this quantity "1500.002" exceeded from block stock quantity 1500 as posted at the time of GR in the block stock via 103 mvt.

Please help to solve the issue.

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All Expert,

Please help me if there is any way to solve the issue by user exit/abap. Currently i am working with below steps but my requirement is to create purchase order with alternative unit of measure.

1. Purchase Order quantity in base unm like 30.426 PC.
  2. Purchasing Info Record maintained with alternative pricing Unit “KG”.
  3. Good Receipt Quantity posted in the alternative Unit of Measure with 1500 KG.
  4. Usage decision recorded with Base unit Quantity.

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maintain correct conversion rule.

you have maintained 4930kg = 100 PC. Instead of this just maintain 100 PC = 4930 KG.

As your PO is in PC and when your GRN is in KG then system convert it properly and post the same.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Shailendra,

Thanks for your reply, The conversation factor is same as 4930 KG  = 100 PC in the material master.

Currently, I am working through process steps as below and not found any issue in all transactions from PO to UD.

1. Purchase Order quantity in base UnM like 30.426 PC.
  2. Purchasing Info Record maintained with alternative pricing Unit “KG”.
  3. Good Receipt Quantity posted in the alternative Unit of Measure with 1500 KG.
  4. Usage decision recorded with Base unit Quantity.

But I need PO creation in the alternative UnM "KG" so that vendor can supply same quantity in KG as mentioned in the PO. When I try to change Order Unit from PC to KG then System not allowing me stock posting through UD due to reason.

Error - PU GR blocked stock exceeded by 0.002 PC : 2847 1000 M7 22

Cause of error which i observed is below.

On usage decision, system calculating stock posting quantity "30.426" / Conversion factor "( 100 / 4930 )" = 1500.002 and this quantity "1500.002" exceeded from block stock quantity 1500 as posted at the time of GR in the block stock via 103 mvt.

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

while making UD Click on proposal and check once again if not solved you can check by maintaining the Unit of issue in material master as PC(conversion factor 100PC=4930KG)

0 Kudos

Dear Katneni,

Thanks for your reply,

Can you please explain more to understand and solve the issue?

Regards/ Nasir Ramzan