cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two common divisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have 3 divisions in our business, P1,P2&P3 and also we have a common division P0 where you can sell any material from those 3 divisions,

the problem is some times we need to sell from only 2 divisions and materials from the third division can not be sold.

since we already have a common division P0 which sell from all divisions, we need to make a new division which sell from only 2 division not all 3 of them.

any solution will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

Yes, you can create another common division for P1 and P2 e.g. PZ

So, during sales order creation, in the initial screen user will give PZ division (along with order type, and sales org, dis channel). Is that the way?

If manually user is giving PZ, then keep only 1 common division P0 and with user discipline, let user not make the mistake of giving the materials with P3, where not required.

Point is don't handle this from SAP but let user training be the way forward.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful answer TW, but I can force the user to take specific division. Also I need to make sure that the user can't add any material from division P3 in the order.

and sales views must be created for materials from division P3 because they will be sold with different sales document type.

The point is we need to restrict the user to create sales order with materials from P1 and P2 only.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

If that is the case, the go ahead with a new common division, which permits material from P1 and P2 only, in the order.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

That good, but I tried this before using the following data in Common Division in SPRO

and it didn't work well as our requirement

Divisions

P1,P2,P3,P0,PZ

P1---->PZ

P2---->PZ

P3----->P0

PZ----->P0

P0------>P0

please review this solution and tell me what in your mind.

Regards,

Muhammad

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Muhammad,

2 common divisions are P0 and (new) PZ

Path - IMG>Sales and Distribution>Sales>Sales documents>Sales Document Header>Assign Sales area to Sales Document types

Combine Divisions

P1 - P0

P2 - P0

P3 - P0

P0 - P0

P1 - PZ

P2 - PZ

PZ - PZ

In assign sales order types permitted for sales areas 2 records have to be maintained, one with P0 and the other with PZ.

TW

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Md. Saad,

You may also think of implementing a small enhancement in User Exit to check the Item Divisions and give a warning / error message at time of Saving the sales document.

Alternatively the enhancement can also set Delivery block in such cases and an authorized person can go back and rectify the Order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simple approach is don't extend sales view for that third division so that sale order cannot be created for those materials.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi,

The client wants to sell the material with division P3 but some materials of this division should not be sold with material of P1 and P2.

Sales views have to be created, as materials need to be sold, for division P3.

TW

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahummad

As per my understanding While creating sales order you are able to create Materials by using different divisions in VA01 Initial screen  like P1,P2,P3  Ok now you want to create sales order only with 2 divisions like P1,P2, once customer enters inside Of VA01 Screen , if user Enter P3 Division system will block Right ?

ex: VA01--Intial screen user can enter All divisions

But Only you want to restrict P3 Division with That Divisions right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

That right