Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Central SLD???

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am the only person working as PI resource in my project, so all the PI related decision I have to take.Basis person working with me have never dealt with PI.I am not very strong at dealing with SLD configurations, so facing some problems.

Earlier, we had only PI,Portal and ECC in our project, So, we decided to use the local SLD of PI and registered all of them(PI,Portal and ECC) in PI local SLD.

Later Solman also came into picture and we made SLD of solman as the central SLD and registered Portal and ECC in central SLD of solman(whereas PI still pointing local sld).Also, In solman SLD I gave data-supplier target as local SLD of PI, so that all registered applications could be seen in local SLD of PI as well.

Now, I made all the Business systems(of ECC), in local SLD of PI to used them, and the problem i am facing:

When I trigger proxy from ECC it says  GET_BUSINESS_SYSTEM_ERROR an error occurred when determining the Business system NO_BUSINESS_SYSTEM,

1) Is it because , although central SLD is pushing data to local sld , but still ECC is pointing to central SLD and there no business system is maintained?

2)What should I do to resolve this? make ECC point to local SLD or make PI point to the central SLD?

3) If I want to make PI point to main SLD , what changes do i need to do.Only change the entry in SLDAPICUST to solman ip or anything else?Could you please share link?

This is urgent. please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

This is how we have done this setup.

PI system should be OK, let it point to the local PI SLD and let ECC point to the solman SLD.

Although you have configured data supplier ,but it will only transfer technical systems and instances but not the PI scenarios , PI domains, PI adapter and other PI related SLD content , which is not available in the Solman SLD,

You need to find a way to transfer PI related SLD content to solman SLD, so that Solman is aware of it.

Here's what you need to do.

There are two ways to transfer this data.

1.  Setup unidirectional content synch from PI SLD to solman SLD. This will not work in your case because central SLD must be on Release 7.10 or higher to be able to receive Content Synch data.

Sadly Solman SLD is of version 7.02 .So, this is ruled out.

2. Check this note

1631346 - Solution Manager 7.1: SLD configuration for PI monitoring

There is a tool in this note, picarrier.jar. Download the tool, maintain the  properties files with the name of source and target sld and userr/passwd and run this tool from a frontend machine in the network

A dummy properties files is also attached in this note

This tool extracts entire SLD Content of PI SLD (source SLD) , all PI related data from the source SLD of PI and transfers it to the Target Solman SLD. Then all PI related data will be available in the solman SLD.

Please test this in your development system first.

Thanks

Amit

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please help me with this.

I want to use SLD of solman for PI.For this I have dont the follwoing things till now :

1)Entry in rz70 of PI for solman.

2)Entry in SLDAPICUST of PI for solman.

3)Changed SLD paramters in exchange profile.

4)SLD_Cleint and SLD_Datasupplier destinations in nwa pointing now to solman.

5)Created integration server as business system in solman sld.

6)Created system users like PIAFPID,PIDIRPID etc in Solman with same passwords and roles in solman as in PI.

Results:

1) I can see PI abap registered in Solman SLD.

2) I can see PI java registered in solman SLD.

3) But PI components like RWB, adapter engine ESR and ID are not registered.

When I try to manually register(or using wizard PI self registration) the PI components it says:

Unable to read data from SLD details:com.lcr.api.cimclient.UnauthorisedException:User credentials are invalid or user is denied access.

Now I dont know which user is it speaking of the PI system users(which are present now both in PI and Solman as per note 939592) or my id which i am using to login(but it has super user access)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, solman SLD just needs the system data of the ECC system ( OS, database type, production version, patches etc), to register this in SLD and ultimately in LMDB for monitoring purposes and nothing else.

For this just maintain the SLD related data in RZ70 of ECC system to point to solman SLD. This will transfer all techincal data to solman SLD. Solman SLD doesn't need anything else.

In SLDAPICUST tcode in ECC system you should maintain the details of the SLD of the PI system because this is where the entire PI SLD content is and not in solman SLD.

SAPSLDAPI RFC destination should point to PI sld and not solman SLD , same with RFC LCR* rfc.

You don't need to change anything.

Thanks

Amit

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

What you need is stated in OSS note 1631346. This was already mentioned before.

You really need to register the XI domain. The result looks like this in the SLD

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I am using PI 7.4 dual stack.

We have decided to use SLD of solman as central sld ,, So now I want to direct my PI system to central sld of solman.

For this I have made te following changes:

1) SLDAPICUST.made entry for solman there and selected that.

2)rz70 , made entry for solman.

in Exchange profile I changed es :

com.sap.aii.connect.cr.name,

com.sap.aii.connect.cr.httpport

com.sap.aii.connect.cr.httpsport

¡ com.sap.aii.connect.landscape.name, com.sap.aii.connect.landscape.httpport

com.sap.aii.connect.landscape.httpsport

I want to know if i am suppose to change these two destincation:

NWA>>Configuration>>destination: SLD_Client and SLD_datasupplier?????

In both of them they have http://localhost:50000 and http://PIhost:50000/..

Should i change these to solman too?

Also I am using client 100 in PI and I saw today in destination that XI_EXCHANGE_PROFILE is set to 001 as client.should i change this too?

Please post your advices

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Yes you need to do steps 1 and 2 and also change the destinations of SLD_CLIENT and SLD_Datasupplier.and also change the mentioned parameters in Exchange Profile.

No need to change the exchange_Profile client.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Naveen,

Just one doubt, I think PI is client of SLD , so if there entry of PI server is there (SLD_CLIENT and SLD_Datasupplier)then that should be right I guess.I am not sure though.

But let me change once and see.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Dilip, Try and let me know your comments.

Regards,

Naveen

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen , you were right, I made changes in those two SLD_CLIENT and SLD_Datasupplier destinations , and also, I created all users of PI like PIAFPID etc in solman and gave same pasword as PI and now when executing SLDCHECK I am getting everthing we usually get.

But, now still when I am opening commnuication channel or when I am fetching Business systems in Integration directory .It gives error that

Error retrieving list of registered PI components from SLD; details:

com.sap.aii.rwb.exceptions.BuildLandscapeException: No System Landscape Directory registered

I went to run time workbench , SLD registration>>there nothing is registered.

How to register these components ??

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

looks like your PI and ECC have SLD registation issue.

Please make sure both SAP systems (ECC and PI) connected to same SLD.

Transaction codes you need to check as below in both systems

• RZ70
  • SLDAPICUST
  • SLDCHECK

Once all TCodes are checked...

Restart SAP PI systme  - This will clear PI system cache

Please tray again...

If this is still not working let me know

Note: Its better to use SLD in PI (Local SLD)

-Yogesh

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh,

But, rz70, sldapicust and sldcheck all are working fine.and I can see the abap and java stacks registered on SLD of solman but not the components of PI.Also , I restarted servers but no use

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

Which version of PI are you using?Are you using AAE for configuration?

Please check sxmb_adm in ECC and go to Integration Engine Configuration. Make sure the IS_URL  you have defined is pointing to the local SLD. Ideally it should be like dest://<G type connection to connect to PO system>

The destination need to be created in sm59 of ECC system with proper path prefix.

Regards,

Suman

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Please check you ECC system is pointing to which SLD. you can check in transaction SLDAPICUST. then check the SLD connection using transaction SLDCHECK.

If the connection to the SLD is good, then problem is with SLD configuration.

1) Is it because , although central SLD is pushing data to local sld , but still ECC is pointing to central SLD and there no business system is maintained?

-->> this might be the root cause if SLD connection is good (SLDCHECK).

2)What should I do to resolve this? make ECC point to local SLD or make PI point to the central SLD?

-->> First check the SLD connection and if the connection is good then check the SLD for business system configuration.

3) If I want to make PI point to main SLD , what changes do i need to do.Only change the entry in SLDAPICUST to solman ip or anything else?Could you please share link?

-->> Please refer the below discussion

regards,

Harish

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for reply.

>>ECC is pointing to SOLMAN SLD.

>>SLDCHECK gets me, this screen.

Also, LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI give error when I do connection test.

In SLDAPICUST , we have used "access to SLD using HTTP"

and "connection parametres entered here".So I am not sure if SAPSLDAPI is of any use and LCRSAPRFC is used to read exchange profile data , but I am not sure if ECC requires this information.

Please help

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

from you connection test screenshot it seems that business system is not maintained in SOLMAN SLD.  Please check if the SOLMAN sld is update with the ECC Business system.

regards,

Harish

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think there are still some flaws whitin ECC code when it comes to using "access to SLD using HTTP". Technically I suppose you won't need SLDSAPAPI nor LCRSAPRFC. But if you run sldcheck it looks for those destinations.

Maybe someone with deeper knowledge could shed some light on this.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seemed to be a bug in SLDCHECK. Please see here for details. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2066093