cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RICEF - Custom Report Test

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that R in RICEF entails the development of custom reports.  However, how do we go about testing the custom report?  Do we need to go to each table/screen the and see if value is correct?  Does it typically involve testing only a sample?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
However, how do we go about testing the custom report?

Based on certain logic only, that custom report would have been developed.  You need to check whether the business requirement is met like what are the input parameters required by the business and each and every field is working or not and what are the output fields system is fetching and they are covered as per Functional Spec.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - does this involve creating a test script as well? If so, I understand that you can create test script like go to VA01, VL01N, etc. etc... but how would you create one for a custom report?  That is, how would I record my results?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Akshat,

For every new development, creation of test scripts is mandatory.

Example of a simple Custom report with 2 columns -

Billing document, Posting Yes/No

Test scripts

1. Take a billing document, accounting document not created

2. Take a billing document, accounting document created

Test steps

In selection screen, give billing document no.

Execute the report

Bill no.1, NO

Validation

Go to VF03, give billing document no.

Go to document flow, check if accounting document is created. If not, then the custom report result is OK.

TW

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my experience as a Functional consultant, I feel it is very important to think in advance what could be the test scenarios. So that I can test the development / object from all angles.

After gathering the requirements, during the development work (by ABAPer), list all the test scenarios. Give some to the ABAPer and all of those you have to do.

TW

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Akshat,

Testing steps is also part of FS. It will help Abaper to test from his side.

Now from Functional perspective, for example you have developed zreport.

Based on some input, report will fetch data from tables and give you the output.

Prepare the test document as below

1. Any Ztcode used

2. Selection screen- Inputs screenshot

3. Output screenshot

4. Now analyse the output report has the desired result or not.

Your testing is done.

Thank$

Hidayath