cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating SAP TM with ECC without PI (through WSRM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to integrate SAP TM with ECC through WSRM (Web services reliable messaging) and I am stuck at the stage where we have to configure the managed system and connect it to central system in SOAMANAGER, Can someone help regarding what all settings we have to do on ECC & TM for the same. Also could there be any issues in WSRM integration because of the netweaver versions, TM SAP NetWeaver version is 7.31 and ECC version is  EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0.

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

There is no SAP notes for PI configurations however you can get the best practice guide from RDS zip file.

you can download the RDS files from the path Installations and Upgrades - R" SAP Rapid Deployment solutions" SAP Transportation Planning for Shippers RDS" SAP TM DTP RDS" SAP TM DTP RDS V2.90 in service market place.

Please check with your functional team for selecting releveant RDS zip file for your scenario (we downloaded "SAP Transportation Planning for Shippers RDS") but as i checked remaining two TM RDS zip files, all the configurations are same for PI.

once you downlaoded the RDS zip file, extract them and move to the path <Drive>:<RDS file.zip>\SAP_BP\BBLibrary\Documentation, here you have to follow the documents,

TM1_ERP606_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc   

TMA_TM90_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc

TMX_TM90_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc

other than above you have to fullfill the below prerequisites

1) PI version should 7.11 or 7.3 or higher (we installed 7.4)

2)SAP TM 1.0, SAP TM IC 1.0, SAP ECC-SE 605 and SAP_APPL 605 ESR contents need to be applied in PI system (even though you are using SAP_APPL 606, you have to import SAP_APPL 605)

3)SPROXY configuration- need to create HTTP RFC between your TM to PI and ERP to PI

If you have any queries, Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks again for your detailed reply. We have already download the above contents as mentioned by you but the message and operation mappings are missing. Can you advise from where did you downloaded the same. 

We have downloaded the following standard PI content

SAP TM 1.20

SAP TM IC 1.10

SAP APPL 6.17

SAP ABA 7.40

SAP BASIS 7.40

Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

Please import ECC-SE 605 ESR content as well since few required name spaces are delivered through ECC-SE 605. Initially we tried with SAP_APPL 606 ESR content but it gave error in shipment integration configurations that "SAP_APPL 605 not found". we have raised to SAP. SAP advised that import SAP_APPL 605 instead of SAP_APPL 606 then issue resolved.

I am not sure about SAP_APPL 6.17 component.

Please make sure your SLD is configured correctly. Transactions SLDAPICUST, SLDCHECK are working fine from both TM and ERP systems.

while importing ECC-SE 605, you will get conflict error, you can ignore them.

Kindly let me know, if you need any details.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I have downloaded & imported SAP TM 1.0 & SAP TM IC 1.0 into PI ESR but I cant see mappings under these components.  Please advise under which component did you find the mappings ?

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

Appologize..it is TM IC 1.10 component. please delete TM IC 1.0 from your ESR and import TM IC 1.10.

There is no mappings in TM 1.0 but in TM 1.10 we can see mappings as attached.

Please let me know if you want further details.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Actually we are looking for order integration scenario. Did you also implement TM_ERP Order Integration ? Can you advise where can I find the mappings for TM_ERP OrderIntegration.

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur

Yes, we have implemented Oreder Integration. There is no mapping required for order integration. you will send XML file from ERP to TM using PI. so Xi adopter will be used.

have you checked the guides what I have given earlier?

Please check the guide TMX_TM90_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc for Order integration scenario. I am attaching that document which shows the steps for Order integration. Please note that you have to do this steps in Integration directory.

Please refer 5.3 section for order integration.

please let me know if you need further details.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Could you please provide the link to download the guides to implement the TM solution in SAP PI?

Appreciate if you can reply quickly as it is little urgent.

Thanks!

Indu Khurana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The attachments are .xml not .doc files.
Could you please attach the documents again.

Thanks,

Indu Khurana.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Please download the zip file from the service market place  from the below path.

Installations and Upgrades -->A-Z Index-->Select "R" -->SAP Rapid Deployment solutions--> SAP Transportation Planning for Shippers RDS -->" SAP TM DTP RDS" SAP TM DTP RDS V2.90"-->Installation

Unzip the file and navigate to <Original_directory>\SAP_BP\BBLibrary\Documentation then you can find the PI guide "TMX_TM90_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc"

Please note you must have complete "TM3_ERP606_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc" and "TMA_TM90_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc" to integrate TM and ERP through PI.

Note: The above documents naming conventions are for TM 9.0 with ERP 6.06, SAP might have changed the name of the file but you can check the documents in the path of zip file <Original_directory>\SAP_BP\BBLibrary\Documentation. check the documents for ERP connectivity, TM connectivity and PI connectivity by opening individual word documents.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pradeep!

IK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You were right , paths and names have changed, hence I couldn't trace the docs.

Please help!

Thanks,

IK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I could trace SAP TM  TT(Truck transportation ) RDS  not SAP TM DTP RDS.

Also, I'm not authorized to download this SAP TM  TT package.

Thanks,

IK.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Can you please try with S-User ID which has sufficient authorization? I don't have authorization to see SAP TM TT RDS documents in my S-User ID however can you please navigate till <DVD>\SAP_BP\BBLibrary\Documentation ? Once you navigated to "Documentation" folder just open the word documents and see the title of the document.

You have to find out "Connectivity (PI)" from the list.  I will see whether I can attach the file here.

Thanks,

Pradeep

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

I could not attach the word document as it is not allowed in SCN. I have already attached xml file. could you please download that and open with word? if possible please use any file converter utility from XML to word.

I can send to you directly if I know your mail ID.

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for quick response.

I tried and could open ERP606 in word but not the other one .Does any of the doc contains PI configuration steps and description of Integration processes involved in Configuration scenarios?

My ID: [removed by Moderator]

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I did not receive your documents yet.

Appreciate if you can send them now.

Thanks,

IK.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Can you please check your inbox now? Yes, scenario configurations are listed in the document with detailed steps. Please go through this thread, I mentioned ESR contents need to be imported in your PI system.

If you have any queries kindly let me know.

Regards,

Pradeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

No need of mapping in order integration as ERP will send XML file to PI and PI will transmit the XML file to TM. Only shipment integration requires mapping.

If RFCs are working fine, please check below are generated in the Integration builder, please note that we have completed shipment integration as well hence we have additional receiver determinations, sender agreements and interface determination. Functional people can identify the interfaces required for order integration by its naming convention.

While doing the configuration in “Apply from model configurator” Please select ERP system as a first system (first system will be marked as pink color). As default TM system will be selected as first system so you have to switch the systems.

As default, TM is selected as first system in model configurator as below (pink color). In the earlier attached word document TMX_TM90_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_XX.doc, in 5.3.1 section, step 8 (page 16), they have mentioned that first system will be in red but they have not mentioned ERP should be first system. So if you selected TM as a first system earlier, delete all and do from the first. Please do these configurations in front of functional team as they know the process flow.  Also please request your functional team to cross check whether any configurations are missing from their end.

Default window:

You have to press the button assign components to switch the system.

Then you have to proceed according to the document. If you followed the document perfectly and still issue is persisting, then it is not an issue with PI configurations. Please check required business functions activated for TM and ERP integration.

Kindly check and let me know if you have any queries.

regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed reply. I have checked all steps as mentioned by you, actually the issue is not with the PI configuration. There is some issue in ECC while connecting to PI via proxy. I have checked the business function activation as well.

But can you tell me, is there any other way to trigger OTR or DTR without purchase order, sales order or STO from ECC or work on the freight planning scenario without integrating with ECC?

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

I am really sorry as I am not a functional guy to answer your queries. Please check with any functional guys for this and I will also check with my functional team and get back to you.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks alot for all your help. We have managed to send the sales order from ECC to TM but now it is not getting converted into OTR (Order based transportation requirement) and giving the following error. Did you come across similar kind of error.

Error while processing message payload Element &#39;CategoryCode&#39.

The xml messages are stuck in TM now and not getting converted into Transportation requirements. Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

have you created all the order integration related configurations in the PI? is this error coming while doing shipment integration?

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error message you have on SXI_MONITOR?

Best regards

Eduardo Chagas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now we have managed to send sales order to TM but getting the following error. Messages are getting failed in SAP TM. Even if the product exists in the system (TM) still the error message persists. I have CIFed location, business partner, product from ECC and everything exists in SAP TM with the same business system group. Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

another file is attached here.you have to do as per TM3,TMA and TMX.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks a lot for your replies. Even after doing the settings we are facing an issue, the xml messages getting generated are getting stuck and not getting transmitted. While trying to send Orders from ERP to PI the messages getting failed in SMQ2 & SXI_MONITOR with below error "INTERNAL">CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED "HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED". Please advise.

Is there any way we can directly trigger the OTRs in the TM system and carry out the process or planning and optimizing.

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

could you please let me know whether all the RFCs are working fine between ERP to PI? Please use basic authentication for HTTP RFCs and do not select SSL option. kindly check ABAP RFCs are working fine and authorization test is perfect.

Kindly configure SPROXY (Need to create HTTP RFC for ESR) from ERP to PI and TM to PI.

Please let me know if you still facing issues after all the above checks.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I tried to do whatever you have suggested. All RFCs working fine. But still proxy transmission is having certain issue. So, was thinking of mapping IDOCs to Proxy in PI, any idea how does it work.

And please advise if any way in which TM can work standalone without integrating to ECC, any other way of triggering OTRs ?

Thanks & Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

Please refer attached documents as well. you have to complete these attached steps before the PI configuration.

Kindly let me know if you need any details.

Best regards,

Pradeep

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

have you checked the SAP note 1978857? Please check attached PDF in the note. it has all the details.

central system configuration:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/How+to+configure+a+system+as+central+system

Managed system configuration:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAPConn/How+to+create+a+Management+Connection+to+a+central+sys...

if possible, please use PI since it is very easy than WSRM configurations. There will not be any issues due to SAP ERP 6.06 and TM 9.0 version.

I have completed till techinical configuration but we got stuck in application configuration part earlier. we have done all the configurations using PI instead of WSRM.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply. I will try with the links shared by you, I have gone through them once but will check again. Did you come across any note with detailed steps of integrating SAP TM & EI with help of PI.

Regards,

Aunkur De