cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing, Sales & Service will come under single module of SAP CRM functional?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one small confusion over whether Marketing, sales and Service will come under single module or different modules? like SAP SD , MM PP etc.

I have Googled this with key word of SAP CRM functional syllabus found relevant answer, all of the above three will come under single module.However,

also found in some links saying that SAP marketing module, SAP Sales module, SAP Service module etc and also read some scn links where people advised for the questions of which module is best like :SAP CS or SAP CRM serivce' this statement also gave some kind of confusion like all the above 3 could be different module.

I have SAP SD experience and MM knowledge and also have integration knowledge with other core modules like PP, FICO, WM etc and would like to learn SAP CRM now so that it will give some kind of added advantage , please help to clarify my above doubt.

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

This is a good question, SAP CRM Sales, Service and Marketing are different modules.  SAP has separated certification for each one due to enhanced version and lot of functionalities in SAP CRM.  If you look at most of Supply Chain Management companies they would have adopted all three modules, but some companies use only Service or Sales or use both without Marketing.  In my current project, we use only SAP Sales, so it purely depends on clients business processes which one they want to implement and use.

SAP Sales Certification and syllabus you can see here: P_CRMSLS_71 - SAP Certified Application Professional - Sales with SAP CRM 7.0 EhP1 | SAP Training a...

SAP Service Certification and syllabus you can see here: https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/p_crmsrv_71-sap-certified-application-professional---ser...

SAP Marketing Certification and syllabus you can see here:https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/p_crmmkt_71-sap-certified-application-professional---mar...

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thanks for your reply and confirming that all three are different modules.I could not contact SAP certification. However, when i enquired about one online local training institute about learning SAP CRM functional, then i asked the same doubt, will all these 3 will come under same syllabus or not then they said all the above 3 will be combining  under single single course of SAP CRM functional only( which is costing 25K) no  need to pay fee for separately.

I was planning to first learn first locally later go far authorized training, my company will also sponsor the money even if go for training utpo 1.75lac( which can be sufficient for online training) if the requirement is there, currently there is no requirement hence am planning to learn from my pocket.

Since SAP has divided this into different certifications based on the extended functionality then i think there is no need of any further confirmation.

And i guess the local training institute guy was covering all the 3 module in single course with basics only to attract the people.

Please advise which module has more demand and good opportunities (Sales or Marketing or Service)?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Meanwhile you get response from Gopi, I would like to notify you that all these three are equally in demand however something which is quite niche or difficult to fulfill the capacity is TPM (Trade promotion management) which is more towards marketing. If you think from business perspective, marketing is quite important and almost implemented everywhere. Sales and services are majorly used by companies which has well established customer base and continously putting efforts in retaining and improving customer satisfaction.

So, if you get an opportunity to learn or work within TPM under marketing, it will be value addition to your profile.

Regards

Shanu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

If you are considering all three - Marketing, Sales and  Services then it certainly comes under CRM. It all depends on which context you are referring these terms. Generally, you will come across all of them only when business is considering developing Sales processes in terms of customer relationship and highly focused on customers. During CRM implementation, marketing comes into picture if business is considering lot of pre-sales activities and acquiring new customer whiles Sales and services will be involved if the business is focusing on retaining the customer base (Post Sales activities).

Regards

Shanu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanu,

thanks for your reply. I was aksing actually whether all the above 3 ( sales, marketing and Service) will be covered in single module syllabus or not . May be my question was not clear.

I do understand if the company is having relavant requriement then only they go far relavant functionality. I think from your reply also i feel all the above 3 are different modules.

thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

No, it will not be covered under same curriculum if you are learning it from authorised institution.

Regards

Shanu.