cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAN13 barcodes not printing or displaying in CR Viewer

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure where to log this & have had no luck on Crystal Reports forum, so am trying here as well!

I have designed a Crystal report and have set the printer as the Zebra, and the font as the printer font. While the font display oddly in the designer preview, it prints fine to the Zebra printer.

When importing the report into SAP Business One and running from the viewer, the codes' numeric value displays on screen and that is what prints from the printer. Have tried this on the same machine where the designer is installed and from a different machine.

The barcodes display from other applications on the same machines, so the fonts must be available.

I am using CR2008, which is the latest which is compatible with the customers SAP install.

A truetype font I have installed does not print at all

Any way to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have found a true type font, and created a function in Crystal and now have it working. Font needed to be installed on all machines, SAP required a restart to see the new font.

Appears to be OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Can you tell me what font you used? I'm having an issue where a report created using Crystal Reports prints the barcode fine on some workstations but prints the text on others.

Regards,

Declan

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I used an Azalea font, but, I have not been able to get it to print at a good enough level to get it certified, which is an ongoing issue for us.

If you are unable to get it to print on all workstations, it will be that the printer drivers or the font is not available on those workstations.

What font are you using - it might help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Julie . The original Crystal Report was using a font called Code39AzaleaRegular2 which was not on the affected workstation.

So I downloaded a standard free Code 39 Azalea font and tried to rename it to Code39AzaleaRegular2 but I got the message saying there is already a font with that name installed and I could not overwrite it even though I couldn't see it on the list of fonts.

Eventually I just downloaded and saved the font as Code39Azalea and created a new report template using that font that they could print from that workstation. It's not ideal but they are able to print the labels with the barcode now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everybody.

I know this thread is already answered, but also think that maybe this font could be useful to you.

Answers (0)