cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank directory setting for suppliers and employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

My company is working on our new SAP BbyD setup. 

In preparing our supplier master and employee master, we were advised to include their bank info in our bank directory.  As our suppliers reside in different countries and apparently use different banks, are we really need to set up one bank in our bank directory for every one of them?

Will that mess up our bank records?

We would like to know how other business by design users set this up.  Please advise.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norine,

Setting up a bank directory depends on the following;

1. How many company codes do you have? You can pay the suppliers on one company code, as far as you have international wire transfer or other mode of international transfers enabled for that bank and the iban, swift address and other necessary details in the supplier master records.

2. How many bank accounts do you have? Once a bank account is set up on a company code, supplier is assigned to the company code and the correct payment methods are enabled you can pay as many suppliers from that bank account as you want. You can also add international payment instructions for different suppliers.

So first this to do is;

1. Check the company code that each supplier is been paid from, as that is the company that is transacting business with the supplier and create the supplier master record in line with the principle given above. For European payments remember the SEPA guidelines.

For advise on international bank details go to www.swift.com

Hope this will help you set up the suppliers and bank directory correctly.

Regards,

Emeka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

Currently for this stage, we have one company code and 2 banks (each bank has 3 to 4 bank accounts).

When we create supplier master and employee master, we would like to input the bank details for direct bank transfer to those suppliers / employee directly.  In that case, it seems like we will have to create a new bank in our bank directory. 

Question 1:  Do you normally create a new bank in the bank directory for suppliers / staff?  Or, use a summary bank instead?

Question 2:  In the supplier's bank data screen, there is a "new bank" button for us to create a new bank, while in editing the personnel file, the payment information screen does not allow me to create a new bank.  That means, I will have to add one in the bank directory first before I can edit the payment information screen.

Please advise.

Thanks and best regards,

Norine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norine,

Find below the response to your questions

Question 1:  Do you normally create a new bank in the bank directory for suppliers / staff?  Or, use a summary bank instead? You do not create a new bank for all suppliers/staff. Suppliers and staff payment depends on the company code assigned. In your case all you have to do is to assign the suppliers and staff on the one company code that you are using currently. As far as the payment method is enabled on the bank directory and on the supplier/staff master records. When you get to the payment monitor window, you can then select which bank account you want to pay the supplier/ staff from. Remember you must set up the bank account in the directory with all the necessary details completed. For example if you have four account with same bank, all the accounts must be set up under the bank name to enable payment to and from them.

Question 2:  In the supplier's bank data screen, there is a "new bank" button for us to create a new bank, while in editing the personnel file, the payment information screen does not allow me to create a new bank.  That means, I will have to add one in the bank directory first before I can edit the payment information screen. Yes you need to have your bank account details all set up in the bank directory and methods of payment enabled. You might need to check configuration settings for suppliers/staff and also the scoping questions to confirm that this functionality is enabled. The new bank account in the supplier/Staff master record is the bank account of the supplier or staff not for the company.

Note

Payments are driven by the company code and payment methods enabled, so for example you cannot pay a supplier that only check payments are enabled on his master records by wire transfer.

Regards,

Emeka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emeka,

Thanks a lot!  It helps and clarifies how the logic work.

Previously, I use the "normal" SAP and I only have to maintain those bank info in the supplier master and employee master.  This Business by Design version really confuses me.

Thanks again.  It is a great help!

Best regards,

Norine

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welcome

Answers (0)