Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset depreciation - Interest expense posted without a cost object

dau_hai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please help to how to resolve this issue.

I have some assets from a specific asset class. When I run AFAB to post depreciation, the interest expense also posted.

However, no cost center is a assigned in interest expense line item.

The below settings are in system:

- Cost center was already assigned to the asset masters.

- Transaction ACSET, the field cost center activated for transaction *, account assignment type (02 - depreciation run).

- Field status of posting key 40 - cost center is optional. The same setting for field status group in GL master.

- Cost element has been created for the G/L Interest Expense and validity is still valid.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Dau Hai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dau,

You checked Field Status for Posting Key-40 (Please check Field Status Variant for Co Code -CC has to optional.

& 1 more pre requisite you need to check for this "Special Usage-Batch Input in Only" for Dep Document Types in OBA7.....

Please refer the below SAP-Library for Interest Posting Rules & Pre requisite.

System Settings for Posting Depreciation - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4f/71db8d448011d189f00000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regd,

Khan.

dau_hai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mansoor Khan,

The Field Status for Posting Key-40 already has optional indicator for cost center.

For setting in document type, the setting was not check. In the following month, the cost center was assigned correctly with depreciation run. However, I still need to answer why a posting to G/L account which is also a cost element without a cost center was created.

Thanks you all for your inputs.

Dau

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dau,

I ask you to check the below settings which is integrated to posting run to Cost Object.

(Please check Field Status Variant for Co Code -CC has to optional.

& 1 more pre requisite you need to check for this "Special Usage-Batch Input in Only" for Dep Document Types in OBA7.....

Please refer the below SAP-Library for Interest Posting Rules & Pre requisite.

System Settings for Posting Depreciation - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4f/71db8d448011d189f00000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regd,

Khan.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the cost element category and check if cost object other than Cost center has been used (Internal order etc). Also check the allowed account assignment objects you have specified in ACSET and check if any of them have been filled in.

regards

Sanil

dau_hai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sanil,

Thanks for you reply. The line item was assigned to a profit center, no other cost object was assigned.

Regards,

Dau Hai

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you defined default account assignments for interest exp. in OKB9? Please check and not done, then maintain it.

Regards,

Mukthar

dau_hai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukthar Ali,

I don't prefer OKB9 for the asset depreciaton/interest posting.

The assets had been posted correctly in previous months.

Thanks & regards,

Dau Hai