Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP courses Guidance for BTech-CSE Student

Former Member
0 Kudos

My current course is B.Tech in Computer Science with specialization in Oil and Gas Informatics(from India)

And my current skill sets include Network Planning, Database Creation & Management using Oracle 10g and IBMD DB2, Java Core and a fair knowledge of scripting Languages like PHP(with database connectivity) and HTML used in web development. I am working on my first project of Developing Transportation and Inventory Management System for an Oil and Gas Refinery to the Terminal Unit.

So with this I have a basic knowledge that how this oil and gas industry operates and what are it variables that work into factor its operational aspects, but my basic interest lies in Downstream Sector of it i.e. the Retailing and Transportation of Oil and Gas.

I have about 2.5 months from Mid-May to August to complete my Training and Internship from any company.

So with my current skill sets in my domain and requisite knowledge in Oil and Gas Industry, I request the experts to please guide in doing SAP Industry Specific Oil and Gas courses and the necessary certification and give me complete details of it. Please also mention what are the benefits and is it worth spending a huge sum of money, regarding career prospects and what could be employability ratios and who would absorb me? And if any training of Oil and Gas solutions is not available(in India), then what’s the next big thing to go for, because my ultimate aim is to get employable and get a decent salary with huge learning experience for at least initial 2 years of my career.

With money spent, being no bar to knowledge, I leave everything now to the experts to guide me and give me certain direction to work in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshay,

First you need to choose your module.

For Oil and Gas Industry, you have IS-OIL solution, but, I am afraid, that without having basic knowledge of SAP and business process knowledge, probably, IS-Oil would be very difficult to digest.

Looking your experience, you are close to ABAP or Basis. Alternatively, look for BI/BOBJ areas, which is good in demand at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

2 REPLIES 2

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshay,

First you need to choose your module.

For Oil and Gas Industry, you have IS-OIL solution, but, I am afraid, that without having basic knowledge of SAP and business process knowledge, probably, IS-Oil would be very difficult to digest.

Looking your experience, you are close to ABAP or Basis. Alternatively, look for BI/BOBJ areas, which is good in demand at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi Sankar Venna Sir,

It was indeed a great reply in short and crisp words. Plus while i visited your profile, I got to learn many things from the articles you authored like "the myths about SAP certifications" and many more. And i think reading them all would give me enough knowledge about doing SAP certification.

Once again Thanks Sir

Regards

Lakshay Mundeja