Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create radio buttons in agentry editor

former_member223904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I want to design a screen in agentry editor. The screen should consists of radio buttons. Kindly please assist how to create radio buttons in agentry editor.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a field called "Button" and then on the Button Tab Select Radio.

If you want two or radios buttons to be an option for 1 field, point the Screen fields to same transaction property and then set the "Value" field on the Button Tab to the value you want that field to be when it is selected.

Stephen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a field at screen level with edit type as "button".Select "radio button" under "button appearance".This will display radio buttons on the screen

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

former_member223904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I have created three radio buttons in detail screen by selecting edit type as button.Now i want to group the radio buttons and should validate the radio buttons. For example if i select yes in radio button it should navigate to next screen and for NO it should exit the screen.Please assit how to vaklidate the buttons.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, No two radio buttons. Map the navigation action to 'Action when selected' attribute for the radio button field(Yes) for navigating to other screen.Map the cancellation action to exit the screen for another radio button(No).Hope it may work.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

former_member223904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srvanthi,

Thanks a lot for assistance.Is there is any necessary to create rules to validate the radio buttons? In my application when i created radio button the action tab is disabled. please find below screen and assit me.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Please choose edit type as button

Can you specify the version of editor and agentry plugin

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

former_member223904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

The action was enabled.instead of selecting object in screenset i have selected transaction so the action tab was disabled. Thanks for assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Next time an esier way of doing it instead of using actions.  Set all the screen fields to the same Transaction (or Object) property.

Then on the button tab fill in the "Value" line with what you want the transmit to be filled in when that radio is selected.

If you have 2 or more buttons tagged to the same property with different value, only the one with the matching Value with show clicked.

*note* when you are doing this in a transaction screenset you can't use the Actions as the Agentry Client will only let one Action be active at a time and that is the Transaction.

Stephen.

Message was edited by: Stephen Streeter

former_member223904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Can you please explain me a bit in detail.

former_member223904
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

I have created a screen set for an object. In that screenset i have created a detail screen with radio buttons.now for each radio button i want to perform an action with action step type transaction.so while i am creating action step definition i am unable to find my screen set which is created for object.if i changed my screenset to transaction then i am able to see but here if i use transaction in screenset i am unable to perform actions in radio buttons. Is there any alternative to perform transaction actions on radio buttons which is created for object screenset.

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I think transaction actions are designed to work over transaction screen set.But in the scenario radio button are created in object screen set, and you want to map transaction actions in screen fields defined for object.Instead go for transaction screens.

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi Polu