cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA views connection to Tibco Spotfire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working with Tibco Spotfire version 6.5. I can consume tables in HANA system but I am unable to consume the HANA views. Can I connect to HANA views from the tool? If so, how do I? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should work. Have you looked in schema _SYS_BIC for your views? This is where compiled HANA Information Views reside.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did, John. I don't find data in it, though. My tables are empty. What do I do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you sure you use a user with sufficient access? You need role MODELING and SELECT access to the schema with the data in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check with my system administrator about that. Thank you John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramaprasad -

We are experiencing a similar issue. Please let us know if you have resolved this already.

Regards,

Sudheer B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudheer,

It is possible to connect to HANA views from Tibco Spotfire 6.5 client tool, but it not possible take them into Spotfire in-memory. The feature is not supported by Spotfire. It is possible to create visualizations by keeping data externally, but some features like creation of calculated, binned and predicted columns, data limiting and data transformations will not be supported (since data table is external). Please do reach out to me if you have further queries regarding Spotfire to HANA/ BW connectivity.

Regards,

Praseedha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praseedha -

Thanks for the quick response. It is interesting to know that you cannot embed the data from HANA views into Spotfire memory. It is my understanding that you can leverage both the options -> In database connection & In memory for databases like HANA.

Were you able to obtain the description of fields from HANA views instead of just the technical names when you inserted a HANA view into a table in Spotfire?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Sudheer B.