Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier change from Mainframe to SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having 8 years of experience in Mainframe development and Testing. Now i am looking for carrier change into SAP HANA. I would like to know that how the SAP Hana is suitable for me and how the carrier growth for me in SAP Hana.

Please advise me.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Rajasekhar Tandasa.

8 REPLIES 8

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar

What you have learned about HANA so far? How did you find out about it?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

!! Thanks for the response !!

I don't know much more about SAP -Hana.

I have gone through the Dr Vishal Sikka Video's which i found in www.open.saphana.com.

And understand about the architecture about SAP Hana and understand how it will be demand  in the IT feature.

It will be more appreciated it you guide me the right direction.

(like where do i take the trainings and certifications etc..)

Regards,

Rajasekahr Tandasa.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar

Good to see you have already looked at Vish's overview. You might want to have a look at the SAP HANA Education overview recently publised in SCN. This gives you the training relevant to to HANA.

If you go down this path I recommend you reach out to your local SAP education and training for advise on institutes to enroll in etc.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Thank you so much for your advice.

Sure i will work on that.

Regards,

Rajasekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started to take the SAP HANA classes.

I would like to know that from India is it possible to take the SAP Hana certification for non SAP background associates.

I heard that it is not possible to take the SAP hana certification for non SAP bacground associates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

Can you brief about your Mainframe development and testing experience?  Do you mean Mainframe coding or AS400 administration or Mainframe functional? 

Because this would enable forum members to understand and guide you a right path in SAP.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Hi Gopi Chandrakesan,

Thanks for the response.

I worked in Mainframe development -Coding and designing  (COBOL,DB2,JCL,CICS,VSAM,IMS-DB/DC).

I am good in Db2 and relation database concepts.

Regards,

Rajasekhar Tandasa

0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

Wanted to know your current status on SAP HANA. Even I am in the same path, having 10+ years of experience in Mainframe and UNIX environments. Planning to enter into SAP HANA. Could you please share your experiences ? Could you also suggest any good training center for me?

Thanks,

Vikram.