Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP : MB51 Report Copy

aneel_munawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abap Experts,

How can I make copy of MB51 report. Actually I want to hide the value figures.

Its source program name is RM07DOCS . I have  make its copy as a new program.

Its works fine but when I want to close the result, message appears that "Use a valid function" 

and I am unable to close  the output.

I also observed that copied program does not show GUI status and toolbar as it appears in MB51 standard report.

I  also copied all includes, GUI Status and Titles but toolbars is not visible in the copied program.

I need your help.

Thanks

Aneel

15 REPLIES 15

buddhika_krishantha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try without copying Includes.

0 Kudos

Issue not resolved. Same problem is there.

Regards

Aneel

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aneel,

Which version you are in ? If it is ECC there are Enhancement Spots available at various places of MB51 report which you can make use of.If it is only about hiding a field in the layout,kindly explore the option of changing the LAYOUT and saving it as default.Before copying a Standard report into Z,kindly expore these two options.

Also do a search,you will get tons of threads on Customising MB51 report.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Kiran,

Thanks for your help. But I dont want to modify any existing standard report.

I want to make a copy. By creating new layouts any user can change layout. Actually I want to restrict the values for only some users but not for all.

Thanks

Aneel

0 Kudos

My version is ECC .

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aneel,

Copying MB51 into Z is not the right approach when you can get this done through Enhancement or Layout Variants.Moreover you are in ECC so this should be the approach.If you ask me you should shelve the option of copying MB51 to Z and start exploring the other options as discussed above.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Kiran,

I have copied MB51 to Z. Its giving correct output as I need. But only the issue is that , after viewing the report, I can not close it. I have to logged it off.

Regards

Aneel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aneel,

Are you using the standard Tcode or you created a new ztcode?

regards,

Ashvin

0 Kudos

I have copied MB51 source code to a new program and execute it.

MB51 source program is RM07DOCS .

Regards,

Aneel

aneel_munawar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If any one know the option that some users can view value columns and some users should not be able to view value columns. Any other idea?

Please share to avoid making copies of MB51 report.

Regards,

Aneel

0 Kudos

Hi Aneel,

You can use authorization objects to control what user can see or not.

Refer to the doc below to have more information on auth objects:

regards,

Ashvin

0 Kudos

You can do one thing based on SY-UNAME you can set the Field Catalogue for the Column  which you don't want to be displayed based on certain Usernames.

This option is for "Flat List" Display Options of MB51 for the other option that is "Hierarchy List" you need to find out the corresponding Write statements for that column and set the same above condition there as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Aneel

Making a Z copy is not correct approach. You should us enhancement points/enhancement to hide the same.

Thanks

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Aneel.

MB51 selection screen has LAYOUT field which can be used.In the Development you define a layout make it as PROTECT field,create a User Specific Layout and transport the variant from Dev to Q and then to P.Explore this as first option.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Ok ,

Thanks for help and guidanceKiran. Let me search about this option.

Regards,

Aneel