cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differ Storage Type search strategy with Source Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a problem with Storage Type Search strategy. I am creating a goods movement with IM Movement Type "301". I am transferring same material to same destination Plant and Storage Location from different source plants.

What i need is to differentiate the strategy according to source Plants. Is there anyway for that ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can create special movement indicators per source plant and a separate storage type search based on special movement indicators

See the docu for details:

Using Special Movement Indicators - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

Your offer doesn't solve my problem. Because destination of goods movement is same plant, same storage location and same warehouse.

The difference is in source plants. And they are not managed with WM.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is an indicator that you can enter manually, it does not matter if the source plant is warehouse managed. The receiver knows from which source plant the goods are coming and enters the corresponding special movement indicator when he does the goods receipt.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Mvt 301 is  responsible for plant to plant transfer and if i understood correctly then you are performing the IM activity first and then WM activity. if that is so then it is advisable to use the t-code LQ02 which will first initiate the trigger first in WM and then IM

As you correctly mentioned in the standard SAP Storage type search strategy we don't have any field for source plant however if you can share the requirement in detail then probably we can suggest you some alternate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Unfortunately there is no WM in source plants. We are creating Goods Movement with  BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE. And give the destination bin hard coded ( STGE_BIN_ST,  STGE_TYPE_ST).

I want to define the destination storage bin with customizing and delete the hard coded algorithms.

I don't know what else i can say about the problem. There is two alternative source plants. What i need is to determine different Storage Types in destination plant. In destination plant there is one storage location and one warehouse.